Motoring Discussion > Car smashed up in motorway services Miscellaneous
Thread Author: retgwte Replies: 11

Car smashed up in motorway services - retgwte
So awoke from my night in a hotel in a motorway service station the other night to find my car had been smashed up in the car park overnight. Lots of cameras allover the place. According to the management none of them switched on, they only record cars going in and leaving. The ever helpful police forced me to travel 20 miles to a station before accepting a report of the crime. All a bit of a joke really, is this the best the motorway service station companies and police forces in this country can do? All those cameras in the car park are apparently just for show, either that or the site owners are hiding something.

I presume you meant smashed?
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 3 Mar 12 at 00:04
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - borasport
Commiserations

It sticks in the throat that these systems that are so good at recording opportunities to collect money are never as good at recording crimes

care to tell us which service station it was, so we can avoid it ?
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - rtj70
I think this has been mentioned here before from a security perspective with regards lorry drivers. All the cameras that are active do is record vehicles arriving and leaving. Presumably to bill the ones for overstaying without paying for parking.
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - Armel Coussine
Vandalised retgwte, or run into or graunched? There's a difference.
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - Pat
Absolutely right rtj, but no time to elaborate this morning.

Off to play with the hairdryer and coin again to disprove a theory on wind:)

Pat
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - Iffy
Park the car near the petrol forecourt, that will have about a dozen live cameras to prevent bilking.

And often a live assistant, who will act as a deterrent.

Car shamhed up in motorway services - retgwte
M4 Reading East bound

cannot tell from damage how it was done, it could either have been driven into or hit with baseball bat etc
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - bathtub tom
>>hit with baseball bat etc

You weren't spending the night with, erm, maybe, someone you shouldn't?

;>)
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - Old Navy
>> >>hit with baseball bat etc
>>
>> You weren't spending the night with, erm, maybe, someone you shouldn't?
>>
>> ;>)
>>

Were any other cars "Customised"?
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 3 Mar 12 at 12:00
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - RattleandSmoke
Hopefully it does not apply here, but I once say a brand new 911 in Didsbury with words scratched into the paint work "you cheating scumbag" I think next time he was driving some where to have an affair he probably got the bus!

If other cars were no damaged it is more likely to be car that has hit it. It is very frustrating. Happened to me last year, noticed a big dent in the front wing and have no idea how it happened. Cost me £300 to fix :(
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - Zero

>> hit it. It is very frustrating. Happened to me last year, noticed a big dent
>> in the front wing and have no idea how it happened. Cost me £300 to
>> fix :(

Rats, it was a tiny little dent, so small I would have left it.
 Car shamhed up in motorway services - RattleandSmoke
Are you thinking of the same dent? It was very very noticeable, maybe not from the pictures but in real life it was a bad tent especially on a newer car. I would have had to get it fixed anyway to sell it, so may as well have got it done when I own the car.

But then I wash it with Autoglym every week, I like my cars to look tidy.
Latest Forum Posts