Motoring Discussion > MOT fail? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Old Navy Replies: 15

MOT fail? - Old Navy

tinyurl.com/6met5rb (Daily Mail)

MOT fail? - DP
I have done that exhaust / can bodge in the past, albeit secured with proper exhaust clamps. And Gun Gum. Lots of Gun Gum :-)
 MOT fail? - Bromptonaut
Mostly outside europe I think. But I've cobbled H&V controls with pliers or a screwdriver before today.
 MOT fail? - Clk Sec
There's some innovative folk out there. And, to think I threw my old hosepipe away...
 MOT fail? - Old Navy
>> to think I threw my old hosepipe away...
>>

I thought it was a winter tyre. :-)
 MOT fail? - Clk Sec
>>I thought it was a winter tyre. :-)

Oh, that's what they look like. I'd never have guessed..
 MOT fail? - Zero
Useless as a winter tyre. The water inside the hose freezes, and the ride becomes rock hard.
 MOT fail? - Dave_
Many more bodges both car-related and not, on a site called thereifixedit.

Not linked as some of the pictures are a bit dubious - it was a good site a couple of years ago, but the signal-to-noise ratio has got worse.
 MOT fail? - henry k
>> Useless as a winter tyre. The water inside the hose freezes, and the ride becomes rock hard.
>>
Bluecol? or these days LIDL :-)
 MOT fail? - TeeCee
In a similar vein.

Are there any Mk1 Mondeos out there that do not have the front bumper held together with duct tape?
 MOT fail? - Zero
or where the back bumper flutters like a birds wing at speed?
 MOT fail? - DP
The back bumper is worse on the mk2s. The lower edges are woefully under supported. They flex even when they aren't broken.
 MOT fail? - Dave_
www.jack-frost.co.uk/mondeo_gaffer_tape.html

My daughters' mum runs a Mk2 Mondeo, with bumpers made from approx. 40% duct tape. I pointed out to the girls how seemingly every single one we saw was the same, and they've yet to prove me wrong by spotting an intact one :)

My Mk1 Mondeo needed a new rear bumper after being rear-ended once, it cost £404 including painting. For a bumper.

Given the value of most Mk1s and Mk2s now, that might partially explain why their owners don't replace damaged bumpers with new ones.
 MOT fail? - Cliff Pope
Nothing beats the apparently true anecdote from someone on this forum, or HJ, of a taxi in S Africa with a pair of Mole-wrenches substituting for the missing steering wheel.

The tractor with only three wheels is true - a friend saw one on the road in Ireland a few years ago.
 MOT fail? - Iffy
...with a pair of Mole-wrenches substituting for the missing steering wheel...

When my brother was in the RAF at Brize Norton, the Americans landed an enormous plane and their airmen rather took the place over.

The RAF men didn't like it, so nicked an American Jeep in retaliation.

Senior officers became involved and ordered the return of the Jeep.

The RAF did so, but kept the steering wheel.

Not to be outdone, one of the Yanks produced a large adjustable wrench and drove the Jeep back to their plane using the wrench as a temporary steering wheel.

MOT fail? - henry k
Quite a few years ago, one evening, my car was stolen.
It was found the next morning with the whole of the inside missing.
It was towed out of a field with me kneeling at the steering column and steering with a large mole grips on the steering column - most odd.
Latest Forum Posts