Motoring Discussion > Display of petrol prices. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 37

Display of petrol prices. - R.P.
There is a garage in St Asaph (A proper city since yesterday !) it has never displayed petrol prices on the roadside post - Something in the depth of my memory from many, many years ago that this was a legal requirement - anyone know ?
 Display of petrol prices. - Robin O'Reliant
I know a couple of small garages who don't have a display board. Maybe if the price is shown on the pump they are ok?
 Display of petrol prices. - zippy
You need planning permission to stick up one of those large signs that the like of BP use. Perhaps they haven't got it. Are they in a conservation area?
No it has a big sign - advertising the Fuel brand. I'll try and find it on Streetview now

tinyurl.com/75m5h5l
Last edited by: R.P. on Sat 17 Mar 12 at 17:05
 Display of petrol prices. - bathtub tom
Prices used to be displayed as you approached motorway services, but haven't been for years.

Same case scenario?
 Display of petrol prices. - Runfer D'Hills
Not enough room on the sign?
I wouldn't stop unless I knew what I was going to pay.
 Display of petrol prices. - MD
>> I wouldn't stop unless I knew what I was going to pay.
>>
if you don't stop you may stop.
 Display of petrol prices. - borasport
BP garage nearest to us rarely displays its prices, but is always at least 2p dearer than the Shell garage on the other side of the dual carriageway and the superstore just off the dual carriageway.

Recently the superstore put up a price sign for its fuel, which is after the turning for the superstore forecourt (which isn't visible from the main road) and straight in front of the price sign for the BP garage. I do wonder how many people see the supermarket price sign and then wonder why they are paying 2 or 3 p more - certainly not many locals use the BP garage
 Display of petrol prices. - CGNorwich
Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997 requires that service stations display the prices for petrol and diesel. The notice must be clearly visible from the side of the road and be in writing at least 20cm in height. The Order specifies that the prices must be displayed in litres. In addition, the actual price charged at the petrol pump must match the price displayed.
Well, well ! This has been like this for the last three years...!
A talk with Trading Standards beckons?
Nah, not my style - I was just curious that's all..
 Display of petrol prices. - MD
>> A talk with Trading Standards beckons?
>>
Supergrass CG. Ya gonna get told nuffink from nar on.
 Display of petrol prices. - Arctophile
"Retail Prices (Diesel and Petrol) Display Order, 1997"

According to Google that's an Irish Order, I thought St Asaph was in Wales...
It is
 Display of petrol prices. - legacylad
Its only money.
Have you seen the price of beer these days? Now up to £2.75 a pint in my village local, although the gnats Tetleys is 10p a pint cheaper. Worth paying the extra for Copper Dragon & Kirkby Lonsdale brews.
£2.75!

I wish!

£3.60 down sarf!
 Display of petrol prices. - Duncan
£1 80 for a pint of Ruddles I.P.A. in Walton on Thames on Thursday.
2.05p for a pint of wallop in the local Wetherspoon's...
 Display of petrol prices. - Zero
Getting a taste for a good IPA. Waitrose were doing some crackers. Cant remember the name because it was too damn silly!

Was that the Weatherspoons in the Old cinema in Walton?
>>£1 80 for a pint of Ruddles I.P.A. in Walton on Thames on Thursday.

I have got to find a new boozer!
 Display of petrol prices. - zookeeper
I.P.A is basically safe drinking water for the troops who kept the fuzzy wuzzys in check in sarf afrika during tut boower war
 Display of petrol prices. - Lygonos
Thought it was for watering the troops dealing with the fuzzy wuzzies in India.
IPA or Indian Pale Ale dates back far before the Boer war and was a type of ale exported as its name suggest to India.

The "Fuzzy Wuzzies" was a term used by British troops in Kitchener's war in the Sudan to describe the enemy and has nothing to do with South Africa and the Boer war.
>> Was that the Weatherspoons in the Old cinema in Walton?
>>

Correct.
Its about the only Weatherspoons I will tolerate. So much history in that building.
>> Its about the only Weatherspoons I will tolerate. So much history in that building.
>>

It is actually quite well done inside. The clientele are a mixture of young and old. Food is well done and very sensibly priced.

Tuesday's they have a grill night. Eight ounce steak with the trimmings, a drink - pint of bitter or lager or a glass of wine or a soft drink for £6.99. You can't beat that! Well not in Surrey!
 Display of petrol prices. - henry k
>> 2.05p for a pint of wallop in the local Wetherspoon's...
>>
Wish we still had a local. The one pub we did have was badly run and closed 12 years ago so its 3/4 of a mile to the next watering hole.
With a population of about 4000 we are bigger than a certain new city :-(
Was the the "nearly" mcdonalds?
 Display of petrol prices. - henry k
>> Was the the "nearly" mcdonalds?
>>
Yes indeed. Some of our locals moved their old caravans on to the site and squatted 24/7 a total of 550 days which helped to defeat McDonalds
 Display of petrol prices. - Roger.
I have not been into a pub just for a drink for more years than I can remember!
Try it. It give you a different perspective on life.
new years eve was the last time I did it. Got locked in. - Oh dear!
 Display of petrol prices. - Clk Sec
>> It give you a different perspective on life.

Sounding well like a local there, Boy.
:)

That I doo bor.
 Display of petrol prices. - Runfer D'Hills
I used to like a pint. Don't bother now. Beer is far too wet without a fag to go with it. Peanuts and pork scratchings just don't cut it.

:-(
 Display of petrol prices. - legacylad
I try not to go out to my local at weekends, too many tourists reading my paper, hogging the fire and even having the temerity to sit at the bar and ogle the scenery.
As for New Years Eve. I prefer to be tucked up in bed early rather than endure forced joviality with the villages twice a year drinkers nursing their half pints and making small talk about the nativity play.
Latest Forum Posts