Introduce Yourself > My turn now. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: J500ANT Replies: 3

My turn now. - J500ANT
Well this is all a bit new isn't it? And yet so familiar ;-)

I'm Tony - J500ANT is my "online id" for all my car sites. I live in Bristol and i'm a mad smart fanatic, and infact i'm one of a handfull of people who run www.thesmartclub.com

But cars are in my blood. My grandad used to work for Glenfrome Engineering of Bristol, whose wierd and wonderful creations can be found via Google. So even as a kid I used to visit and pop down the garage for my weekly fix of turps ;-) He used to amaze me with his craftsmanship, I think his job there was to use a grinder and cut Range Rovers in two - what fun :)

I worked in the motor trade for a good few years, Vauxhall garages. So once again it was cars cars cars.

Currently driving a new smart cdi (44bhp) and (as of next week) a Toyota Auris.

So thats me.
 My turn now. - VxFan
Welcome on board Tony. Hope you enjoy the ride.
 My turn now. - Armel Coussine
Hi there ANT... seen some very briskly and cheekily driven Smarts lately although they are a bit on the stubby side to really appeal to me.

A couple of days ago, in Dorking I think, I passed one that seemed to have grass growing all over it, Astroturf really I suppose. An eccentric choice of finish but amusing. I wonder what sort of noise it makes at speed? 'Whispering grass'. And I wonder how many mph it takes off maximum, and how many fewer mpg than a standard one it does?
 My turn now. - henry k
>>I passed one that seemed to have grass growing all over it,
Try Google - grass car - it is not just smart cars.

Just as well you do not have to water it/
img.thesun.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00854/smart-car-682_854064a.jpg

>>And I wonder how many mph it takes off maximum, and how many fewer mpg than a standard one it does?
>>
F1 type wheel covers help
helpcooltheearth.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/ehhhh-another-grass-car.jpg
but other factors may negate that.
Latest Forum Posts