Introduce Yourself > Ford - found you all. New focus 2ltr GPL
Thread Author: via roma Replies: 2

Ford - found you all. New focus 2ltr GPL - via roma
Hello from Italy

found you all at last

End of last year i bought my very first brand new car. 2 Ltr PETROL focus estate with factory fit BRC GPL system.

Some people expressed an interest in how GPL works out.

This will all be metric and euros

Costs here
Petrol 1.35 / ltr
diesel 1.25/ ltr
GPL 0.68 / ltr

95% of my driving is short 6km to town and 6km back. Live in the hills with at least 2 kms of 2 or 3 gear hairpin bends

Brand new car so far covered 1860 km and doing 9.7 kms / ltr. about 27 mpg.
remember also that it has been an b. freezing long winter here this year.
i'm happy so far as works out at equivalent petrol mpg of over 50 mpg.
Tank range is 380 kms, but gas stations much more common here.
You would never know that it runs on gas and everything changes over automatically very fast with no noticable performance difference.
No space for spare wheel though.
Take note that also I am a pretty smooth driver ( not slow ) and look way in advance when driving.

Here in Italy with Gov incentives the 2ltr 140 hp petrol with GPL and road tax exempt for life is the same price as ford 1.6 tdci 90 hp which is not tax exempt. what a choice !!!

wife has a Skoda 1.9 diesel 4*4 estate company car and the focus seems a sports car in comparison though the skoda does feel more solidly built. ( the 4*4 estate version is probably the best swiss army knife car available at the moment if you live in the hills in snowy area). Have some other things to say about the skoda and long life servicing but will start another thread.
 Ford - found you all. New focus 2ltr GPL - Londoner
>> Have some other things to say about
>> the skoda and long life servicing but will start another thread.

A very nice first post, VR, and welcome.

Be careful what you say about Skoda on here though. Everyone's entitled to an opinion, and its nice and relaxed here, but we are mostly Skoda fans in these parts! :-)
 Ford - found you all. New focus 2ltr GPL - Tooslow
I'm agnostic. Never had one but wouldn't say "no".

JH
Latest Forum Posts