Non-motoring > Student bashing - makes my blood boil Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 13

Student bashing - makes my blood boil - RattleandSmoke
Long short of it, a mate lives in a semi student area, some young people put wheelie bins on top of a car last night on his road. He then posts on facebook saying students are scum bags etc.

Now he has never been to university in his life, nor have the people commenting saying students are scumbags etc.

I find it really hypercritical that they make these comments having never been to university. Now I know some students behave badly etc, but they are 18 year old kids away from home getting drunk etc. I am not excusing it but what makes me angry is they get labelled students.

The problem is I am out drinking with them tonight, and this has got me in an argumentative mood, so want to let steam off here instead of in the pub :)

I am no longer a student myself (I go to college part time, but I that doesn't count) but when I was at university we were all well behaved. Yes we would get drunk etc, but would never do silly pranks.

Also people living in the student areas take full advantage of the buses and late opening bars when it suits them, take the students away and the things that attracted them to the area in the first place would no longer exist! Personally I would not want to live in a student area, not because I don't like students, but because I don't like kids. See the difference?
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 16:40
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - Ian (Cape Town)
*hypocritical*

Try that in my 'hood, and he'd be severely batted.
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - Old Navy
Sorry Ratts but you don't have to be a student to know that young people, including students, can cause criminal damage and behave in an antisocial manner.
That is my point exactly. I am not saying these people were not students, they may well have been and who ever put the wheelie bins on this car are scumbags. My point was just because some idiots have done this, it doesn't make all students scumbags.

I am not saying students don't cause trouble but they blame everything on students and I know for a fact (my sister has a lot of dealings with this in her job) most the trouble round there is caused by locals. Locals as in none students who were bought up in the area and still live there.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 16:49
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - Bigtee
Try driving around any large student area at 3am and you will see loads of drunken lads staggering about and having a bit of fun.!!

Good for them if they did it it's nothing too serious really, We turned a car on it's side there were a few of us a old Panda i think the owner was a right pfd.!!

But it may have been Polish youths drunk they always are right?
Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 17:21
Have done a few silly things but nothing which would cause any damage to anything, such as putting wheelie bins on a car. It happened to my dads punto many years ago and caused a lot of damage.
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - Armel Coussine
>> Yes we would get drunk etc, but would never do silly pranks.

Do you really mean none of you ever went berserk and got arrested for d&d, malicious damage or anything like that? Frankly Sheikha I am disappointed. Some of us are lucky to have got through our salad days physically intact and still at large.

Naturally I don't approve of that sort of thing now. But I am 73 now and have seen it all. When I was a whippersnapper I thought that sort of thing rather good fun, being young and stupid.

The wheelie bin people weren't scumbags. They were just silly. Make them pay for any damage, or threaten them with it. Then they'll be sorry.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 17:06
>>Now he has never been to university in his life, nor have the people commenting saying students are scumbags etc.>>

I was answering that comment. Ratts.

I think my comment was meaning that none students seem to take great delight in doing their best to look down on students. Well some do anyway!. Used to get a lot of comments when I was a student, when in reality I was working 80+ hours a week with all the studying.
Last edited by: RattleandSmoke on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 17:09
I would have thought the students would (should) be clever enough to know when they were being wound up. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 17:12
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - swiss tony
>> I would have thought the students would (should) be clever enough to know when they
>> were being wound up. :-)
>>

Don't be daft ON, its hard to realise your being wound up, when your drunk out your skull......
>> Don't be daft ON, its hard to realise your being wound up, when your drunk
>> out your skull......
>>

They were being wound up on some sort of Tweetface website, I thought youngsters sobered up reasonably quickly and this was last nights performance. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 24 Mar 12 at 17:23
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - swiss tony
>> They were being wound up on some sort of Tweetface website, I thought youngsters sobered
>> up reasonably quickly and this was last nights performance. :-)
>>
Round here students never sober up!
 Student bashing - makes my blood boil - zookeeper
we were all stupid in our youth, for instance a mate of mine climbed up a street light ( high one) dropped his trollies then proceeded to take an arial dump...very funny at the time
but was awarded cudos in large amounts in the pub the day after....nothings new
Latest Forum Posts