Non-motoring > Poor finance department or what!! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: DeeW Replies: 3

Poor finance department or what!! - DeeW
Last year, obviously suffering a blonde moment, I re-newed my car insurance via a broker founded in a suburb of Manchester. This is not a company I shall deal with again.
I forgive them for increasing my premium down to my new status as a widow - despite my husband neither driving nor being on my insurance for the previous ten years. That was down to me not being on form last year - this year I have paid a couple of hundred less.

I won't forgive them for paying someone else's breakdown cover with my money for several months even after it was queried, then neither apologising properly or refunding very quickly.
At the beginning of this month I let them know that I was not renewing with them and the please ensure they did not continue taking payments for the insurance and breakdown cover on the 17th.

They have managed to send a cheque for the repayment of the insurance, but not yet for the breakdown cover ...... and still no form of apology for taking my money - again.
Fortunately this did not cause hardship for me but for many it would have, particularly if it had resulted in bounced cheques or not enough money to meet direct debits etc.
 Poor finance department or what!! - Manatee
Don't be too hard on yourself or too wound up about it, the only person who will suffer is you. Just keep going until you get the money back, and be ready in future!

Useless admin aside, the reward for loyalty now is to have your rates "de-tuned" whether it's car insurance, house insurance, utilities or as I have found broadband. Diarise the renewal dates, benchmark the rates, and get your retaliation in first!
 Poor finance department or what!! - R.P.
When I was widowed I wasn't charged with any more or less (Another Mcr based company Carole Nash).
 Poor finance department or what!! - Dutchie
Very poor finance department and no apology.It takes all sorts in this lousy world.
Latest Forum Posts