Non-motoring > Access to the PM for quarter million Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 25

Access to the PM for quarter million - Lygonos
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-17501618

Sacked/resign within 7 days?

Story content less exciting than the headline, but confirms what we know goes on, but which cannot be made public.
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Lygonos
Update: resigned as soon as story came out!
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Meldrew
Just seen the clip on the BBC. It all looked/sounded pretty clear to me. He came across as a rather pushy sales type and his intention was clear.
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Roger.
Cameron " I'm the heir to Blair" - isn't he just?
What a dreadful load of slimy creeps inhabit the H.O.C.
Corrupt to a man/woman, with an insufferable sense of their own importance and their right to rule and screw the rest of us.

Access to the PM for quarter million - Manatee
I suppose the surprising thing would be if anybody was surprised.

The sad part is it tells us something about what sort of person, and what sort of behaviour, gets people into those positions. Many people are not like that, but they are less likely to end up with power in a major political party.

The last people you want as public servants are people who think they are in charge, but that's what we will always get. There was some deep meaning in WSC's "it has been said that democracy is the worst form of government except for all those other forms that have been tried...".
Last edited by: Manatee on Sun 25 Mar 12 at 09:47
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Fullchat
Didn't Ferrgie pull the same stunt?
 Access to the PM for quarter million - -
Honour, humility, service, moral code, loyal, trustworthy...all missing apart from a notable few, you'll only need one hand to count them.
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Dutchie
Politicians have lost respect of the majoriry of the populalion.That includes Labour and Liberals

I remember how Vince Cable was liked everytime he spoke.Now he is just a run of the mill take all caracter.
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Cockle
Well, I suppose that's inflation for you.
Back in 2006 £250,000 would have bought you a peerage, now it just gets you dinner with the PM.....
 Access to the PM for quarter million - swiss tony
>> Well, I suppose that's inflation for you.
>> Back in 2006 £250,000 would have bought you a peerage, now it just gets you
>> dinner with the PM.....
>>

Ah... but that was under a Labour government.... we all know prices go up under the Tory's.... (and their lap dogs.)
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Armel Coussine
It seems quite possible that the man Cruddas was made to resign because he was filmed sounding, and even looking to some extent, like the gang boss Mr Flowers in the movie Performance. Not the sort of image that would appeal to a Tory Party newly taken over by alleged toffs.

I don't mean Flowers/Cruddas wouldn't appeal to the party. I'm sure it loves him on a personal level. It's just that the image is wrong.

Sneer.
 Access to the PM for quarter million - madf
Anyone can have a free meal with me for £5,000.. a bargain..

Access to the PM for quarter million - Ian (Cape Town)
Blimey, Armel!
I just finished typing about listening to Autobahn, and read this. On the same DVD as autobahn is a song by Big Audio Dynamite, which starts off with...

"Why don't you play us a tune, pal?"
"I don't like music."
"Comical little geezer. You'll look funny when you're fifty.

Last edited by: VxFan on Sat 31 Mar 12 at 23:52
Cameron is toast - or a pasty - or is it a patsy, I mean?
>> "Comical little geezer. You'll look funny when you're fifty.

Dialogue from Performance?

Kismet, Hardy...
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Focusless
>> >> "Comical little geezer. You'll look funny when you're fifty.
>>
>> Dialogue from Performance?

yup - www.imdb.com/title/tt0066214/quotes
 Access to the PM for quarter million - R.P.
Ed Miliband reveals a list of people he's had dinner with, wonder if he paid them for the privilege ?

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/9176649/Ed-Miliband-reveals-list-of-dinners-with-donors.html
 Access to the PM for quarter million - No FM2R
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23517977
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Biggles
The full judges decision can be read here:
www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWHC/QB/2013/2298.html

A withering condemnation of the "journalists" involved, doctoring the report to make Cruddas appear to be bending the rules when he was doing nothing of the sort.

The poor fellow was well and truly roasted but at least can have the satisfaction of damages from the two involved and the Times. Needless to say, the DM is trying to put the blame on Cameron for saying what he said at the time but again, IMO, totally baseless.
Anyone but anyone who believes the DM should blame their parents for the credulous gene they have inherited.

But they -the DM -are brilliant propagandists and their website is the best newspaper one I have seen (free that is)
Parts of the Daily Mail are, indeed, naff. (VERY naff!)
OTH it reflects the views of a very considerable number of the inhabitants of the UK.
Who has the brass neck to suggest that this part of the population does not have the right to have their voice heard and their views reflected?
>>Parts of the Daily Mail are, indeed, naff. (VERY naff!)

Agreed.

>>it reflects the views of a very considerable number of the inhabitants of the UK.

Agreed.

Scary, isn't it!
 Access to the PM for quarter million - Zero
Does it reflect views of the considerable, or does it form views of the considerable.

or does it make stuff up to inflame the fears of the considerable?

All three. That's what the media do.
It plays on people's fears and prejudices.. just like UKIP.

I'll get my coat and emigrate...
Just don't try to go somewhere they have an *IP.
Latest Forum Posts