Non-motoring > Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Auntie Lockbrakes Replies: 7

Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Auntie Lockbrakes
Went to Waikiki for a week last year, and am heading back for a fortnight next week. Plan is to get out of Honolulu this time, rent a car and venture out. Also planning a hop over to Maui.

Any tips on hotels, restaurants, must-see sites? Picked up the Lonely Planet guidebook from the local library on Thursday afternoon, haven't opened it yet...
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Meldrew
I should think Lonely Planet is as good information as you are likely to get. I found this but I think it will be very broad brush and not very specific.
www.gohawaii.com/

241 things to do in Maui (will that be enough??!!)

www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g29220-Activities-Maui_Hawaii.html

Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Runfer D'Hills
Sounds great Nick. Never been I'm afraid, but I suppose as with popular attractions in most tourist locations you'd be wise to book 'em Danno...
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Dulwich Estate
Having just returned from an amazing time in New Zealand I'm surprised you want to go to Hawaii.

NZ seems to have it all - from mountains, glaciers and skiing and then tropical rain forests and fantastic beaches - not forgetting the odd volcano and geothermal areas.
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - NortonES2
Don't overlook the aa and pahoehoe. Might be a bit of a walk there, but no doubt there wil be jeep tours.....
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Zero

>> NZ seems to have it all - from mountains, glaciers and skiing and then tropical
>> rain forests and fantastic beaches - not forgetting the odd volcano and geothermal areas.

Hawaiian Volcanoes make the NZ ones look like pathetic little zits.
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - rtj70
Getting up for an early sunrise on Haleakalā (Maui) is impressive - but wrap up warm! It's freezing at that time of the morning. If you're feeling brave there's then bike rides to try down the volcano.

Best tuna I ever tasted was on Maui - it was called Ahi which is yellowfin tuna.
 Any tips for holidaying in Hawaii? - Bigtee
Watch this lovely scenary and the women are gorgeous.

www.imdb.com/title/tt1600194/
Latest Forum Posts