Non-motoring > Royal Mail - a right royal fail... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 8

Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - R.P.
Went to stockpile some stamps today - some second class ones and some first class ones - the first class ones have been re-printed in a different colour ( to celebrate the Jubilee of something according to the very nice man at the Post-Office) - the colour ? Light blue. How many visually impaired or confused.com customers are now going to mix the two classes, who stands to make money ? This used to be a public service, now just a bunch of money grabbing craphounds...
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Dog
Exemplary service up ere where I am - can't complain at all at all.
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Meldrew
Responding the money grabbing comment = Agreed! Apparently there are now so many "Special and Commemorative Issues" that even devoted collectors are giving up, there are too many, and of increasing irrelevance, for them to be bothered
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Roger.
tinyurl.com/d3xtas7

(Link to Torygraph)
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - R.P.
I went to a town branch and had a stack no questions asked, enough to last the year. No Christmas cards this year sadly, and I'm not the only one with that sentiment.
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Meldrew
Last week Superdrug were selling unlimited quantities to all-comers with a 5% discount. Not any more, probably!
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Lygonos
Gigantic hike in stamp prices to ensure the soon-to-be privatised service make fat $$$$ for it's new owners/shareholders.

No more, no less.
 Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - John H
>> Gigantic hike in stamp prices to ensure the soon-to-be privatised service make fat $$$$ for
>> it's new owners/shareholders.
>>
>> No more, no less.
>>

I doubt that will happen. Put up prices by too much and you lose all but captive customers.

November 21, 2011
"Royal Mail’s UK letters and parcels delivery business lost £41m – down from £55m a year
ago – with the daily postbag falling 6 per cent to 59m items, the lowest for about 20 years."
www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fbb9a2f6-1446-11e1-b07b-00144feabdc0.html

27 March 2012
"Royal Mail's chief executive, Moya Greene, told the BBC that the one-price-whatever-the distance universal service was under threat because the organisation's financial situation had been "very fragile" for some time.
"In the core business in the past four years we have lost over a billion pounds," she said.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-17522500

The higher price of stamps will mean lead to even fewer customers. The employees and management who are likely to be the new shareholders will then face the fact that every private company has to: compete to survive.

The internet delivery business is increasingly going away from Royal Mail. Big stores are offering "click and collect" or delivery by firms other than Royal Mail.

Royal Mail - a right royal fail... - Zero
Or maybe to pay the hoards of workers and huge pension fund.

No more no Less.
Latest Forum Posts