Non-motoring > 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 25

50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Zero
50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: Time for kids to turn off the computer and get outdoors

www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/family/50-things-to-do-before-youre-11-789065

Cant fault the top 20 in any way. Managed to get SiL's kids up a tree two years back. they were 11 and 9.
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - zookeeper
one item missing from the to do 50 list
51. meet biological father
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - R.P.
Done at least 12 of those in the last 12 months !
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - legacylad
52. Smoke a Woodbine
53. Puke on cider

Ride a motorbike with no helmet ! (that'd be 13 then)
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Bagpuss
My 3 year old daughter spends her life doing many of those things. She loves being outside whatever the weather and then it's a actually difficult to stop her climbing trees.
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Armel Coussine
Keeping a distant eye on two granddaughters yesterday. The older one, 10, dressed in an immaculate white party dress and gum boots, followed everywhere by her adoring half-sister, four today, dressed in ordinary sandals, spent part of the day watching awful American children's TV and the rest of it playing with water in the sea of mud behind the house. Amazingly, they didn't get muddy. At one point I spotted the four-year-old, still a bit top-heavy, walking along the top of a smallish oak tree felled across a deep ditch with water flowing down it, a five or six-foot drop in the middle. I bawled yobbishly that that wasn't a good idea, and the nipper turned round and walked back.

They are biddable at that age. Not for long though. The older sister is winsome, talented, kind-hearted and quite often extremely naughty. She can look you in the eye and coolly utter the most outrageous porkies and inventions.

I quite like children these days. Strangely, because I didn't like them much when I was one.
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Crankcase
Is it a quiz Mister? I got 35 out of 50. But when Mr Carter says I can have the rest of my pocket money then I'll get another sixpence and do the rest.

smashing all the windows on about 200 old victorian terraced houses before demolition in the late 60,s when i was 9 was an absolute dream, elf n safety wouldnt allow it now....but should be on the list ( breaking windows) that is
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Armel Coussine
elf n safety wouldnt allow it now....but should be on the list ( breaking windows) that is

I agree. But getting into trouble for it should be on the list too.
.**********
thats true AC, getting a stern talking too down at the local constabulary was a right of passage back in the day
I had the legendary clip around the eaer-hole.....I was bad-ass.
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Zero
>> Ride a motorbike with no helmet ! (that'd be 13 then)

Or road tax, or license, or insurance. Yeah, i was about 13 too!
>> >> Ride a motorbike with no helmet ! (that'd be 13 then)
>>
>> Or road tax, or license, or insurance. Yeah, i was about 13 too!

yeah, i did that too but i was 16....and was fresh out of hospital with appendix stitches to boot
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - L'escargot
Swim in a river.
Use a bow and arrow.
Use a catapult.
Use an air pistol.
Use an air rifle.
Roam the countryside without an adult.
Catch sticklebacks.
playing with petrol, and adapting fireworks ...wouldnt reccomend it now
Guess that muppet that burnt herself "decanting" petrol in the kitchen didn't do any of the above.... (can a woman be a muppet ?)
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - devonite
I must have been abandoned by my parents then! - the only ones on the list I have never done are 25 48 49 !
Plus there are several "others" that are not on the list! Overall tho` quite a good list!
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - borasport
strip the lead off house rooves (they were about to be demolished, honest guv) to cast parts for the crossbow you're building
one i wouldnt recommend on the list, digging for treasure on the beach, likely to come up with used condoms cider bottles and used syringes
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Cliff Pope
Stay out all night in den in the woods. (Creep back in at 12.30 because actually it's cold and very scary)
Experiment with gunpowder. Invent remote detonation with electric hot wire.
Fill very large paper bag with coal gas and release it. Fail to invent time-delay ignition.
Track spies' footprints in the snow. Follow very dubious man in mac.
Experiment firing air rifle at spray paint canisters and camping gaz cylinder.
Put pennies and pen nibs on railway line.
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Pat
Put out night lines to catch Eels from the river for breakfast.
Learn to ride a bike but not how to stop and get off.
Shoot lollipop sticks off the garden wall with an airgun from the bedroom window.
Scrump sour apples from the vicarage...and get caught for the sermon.
Ride an Aerial Leader wearing a bright yellow Kaftan (and no helmet)

I shouldn't have been female;)

Pat
nice one cliff, we used to buy a pound of nails 6" from the ironmongers and put them on train tracks , waiting for instant knives, later we got bored with that so we jumped aboard said train for about a mile before it sped up ...we had it off to a tee /times dates everything
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - mikeyb
Reckon my lot have done 75% of those, and they have not hit 11 and three quarters yet
 50 Things To Do Before You’re 11¾: - Dutchie
I grew up in the country side,always played outside.Moved to the big city at six.Icescating rollerscating cycling swimming in the rivers.The old man at sea, mother gave up in the end.>:)

The lads used to play sport.One of them was good at Rugby League.Daughter was always swimming.
Latest Forum Posts