Non-motoring > Losing carp Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 34

Losing carp - Armel Coussine
Herself loses her handbag about three times a week. Usually it turns up after a brisk search of the obvious places, but this morning it didn't. We went all over the house several times and eventually came to the paranoid conclusion that some passer-by had spotted it through a window and run off with it. She went off distraught to cancel her cards and I tried to drink my cold coffee and read the lacklustre terrorflag, but felt so ill and alarmed that I did yet another search and found the bag, well concealed but not hidden, in an unlikely place upstairs in the bedroom used by my daughter.

Didn't manage to contact herself in time to stop her cancelling her cards though. Damn!

The daughter who works freelance in film and publishing is having a heavy fortnight so her nippers - 15, 10 and just 4 - are among us a lot of the time. Suspicion has fallen on the youngest, still well below the age of criminal responsibility although deeply criminal like everyone of that age.

Random tealeaves are unlikely here, but the cousin-in-law at the other end of the lawn told me she always thinks hers has been stolen by a burglar when she loses it. But one doesn't want to stare through narrowed eyes at the postman and other people who deliver stuff here when they can find the place.
 Losing carp - Runfer D'Hills
Heh heh, my wallet / car keys / phone / glasses are never where I definitely last left them...
 Losing carp - CGNorwich
"wallet / car keys / phone / glasses are never where I definitely last left them."

Just ask your wife - they always know where everything is - its part of the female psyche.

If you wander around for a bit they will always get up and find the missing item.
Tends to be the other way round here CGN. But she has many virtues, far more than I have. Well worth the occasional threatened heart attack.
I think mine moves things deliberately.
 Losing carp - Old Navy
>> I think mine moves things deliberately.
>>

So does mine, she calls it tidying up. :-(
>> she calls it tidying up. :-(

Got a sister-in-law who does that. Nightmarish.
 Losing carp - R.P.
At one time I worked on the basis of having around six things missing at any one time - the six items varied as did their importance to me at that particular time. Things inevitably turned up so these days I'm pretty cool about losing stuff.
 Losing carp - -
Mine's getting scattier by the week, nearly set fire to the kitchen a few weeks ago, how it didn't take hold i shall never know...thats what bump started the interior decorating followed by the glazing and building work, the bloomin smoke staining was unbelievable.

Moves my stuff round constantly, could be anywhere, no rhyme or reason.

Still far too good for me.

Losing carp - Dave_
I knew being single had an advantage somewhere. All my stuff stays exactly where I leave it, all the time :)

My teenager's not exactly likely to tidy anything away, either.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Wed 25 Apr 12 at 20:05
Has the dog gone "missing" yet RP?

:-)
 Losing carp - R.P.
Not yet - keeps on coming back.
 Losing carp - Badwolf
>> I think mine moves things deliberately.

I'll leave something that I need imminently on the 'side' in the kitchen. It's neatly stowed, not in anybody's way and will be gone soon in any case. However, Mrs B feels it necessary to 'tidy' it away somewhere, and then has the gall to get crotchety when I can't find it and ask her where it is. Pah.
 Losing carp - Old Navy
At least mine does not touch stuff in MY garage or shed, as I would not touch her hoover, iron, sewing, or washing machine. :-)
 Losing carp - BiggerBadderDave
"At least mine does not touch stuff in MY garage"

Unfortunately my wife is touching my stuff in my garage. My storage area, containing power tools and men's stuff is shrinking while her shoe collection is growing. Walking in the garage is like walking into Dorothy Perkins. I have 3 large 5-tier shelving units - 2 are full of shoes, packed in their original boxes and the 3rd is slowly being invaded by more foot-wear. There's a back-room in the garage - full of bin bags containing 'out-of-season' shoes and 'too small for the kids anymore' shoes.
 Losing carp - R.P.
Get a skip while she's out - and convince her she must have forgotten where she put them !
 Losing carp - Ted

The Blessed One here doesn't bother with the outbuildings. She's not very good with the Kryptonite lock so waits for me if she needs anything. The key to the inner sanctum is hidden and I haven't got round to showing her where yet. So, if she wants do play with the trains or do a bit of welding, she has to ask me.

I have noticed, and commented to her on, the fact that if someone's coming, I get tidied away as if I was never there. Any others of you guys get this. I'm wise to it now so all my stuff, usually on the kitchen table and sideboard is discretely removed before she hides it.

Last week she mentioned that she'd run out of Weightwatchers bread and would I get her a loaf while I was out. A couple of days later, I opened one of the kitchen drawers to get a sticky label and found half a loaf of WW bread in there neatly wrapped up !

You can't win, though....so I don't try.

Ted
A couple of times I've driven out of the garage, turned back, pulled down the door, locked it and approached the car to find a pair of stilettos on the roof.
 Losing carp - R.P.
Anyone in them ?
"Anyone in them ?"

Seen plenty of stilettos leaving prints on the car roof (but in it, and all over the lining)
>>her shoe collection is growing...

I think she sounds wonderful Dave ! Encourage her...

You could open a shop there Humph...
 Losing carp - Cliff Pope
>> touching my stuff in my garage.
>>

"Touching stuff" is a compulsion that can afflict either sex.
In my wife it manifests itself as a crazed desire to shift all the pictures just slightly off horizontal. I think it means "this is your old junk, nothing to do with me, so if you must leave them hanging around it's not my fault if they get moved".

In my 14-year old son it's an inquisitiveness manifested as a compulsion to disturb mechanisms that are working perfectly in order to see what happens.
Like tuning the radio slightly off station, or wiping the TV hard disc drive to see what "format" means.
 Losing carp - R.P.
inquisitiveness manifested as a compulsion to disturb mechanisms that are working perfectly in order to see what happens

That is comfortingly normal...
 Losing carp - L'escargot
>> At least mine does not touch stuff in MY garage or shed, as I would
>> not touch her hoover, iron, sewing, or washing machine. :-)
>>

Unfortunately, what's mine is mine and what's hers is mine!
 Losing carp - madf
SWMBO has no compulsion to touch, handle or move my bees..

Cannot imagine why..
 Losing carp - Mike Hannon
I read somewhere the other day that, if you can't find something, all you have to do is repeat whatever it is over and over to yourself.
Haven't (X fingers) had to try it yet.
 Losing carp - madf
>> I read somewhere the other day that, if you can't find something, all you have
>> to do is repeat whatever it is over and over to yourself.

So that's why witches got a bad name. Instead of muttering spells they were simply trying to find where they had left their false teeth...
 Losing carp - R.P.
or broom sticks.
 Losing carp - Old Navy
Mine has a posh broomstick, it has a quick change airline logo and has a chauffeur. :-)
 Losing carp - Dutchie
When we go in town I often end up carrying Diana's handbag.>:) It weighs a tonne god knows what's in it.
Ther's a guy in our town who does that. Wears a long wig too...

Losing carp - Dutchie
I knew I was asking for trouble very funny.>:)
 Losing carp - zookeeper
>> When we go in town I often end up carrying Diana's handbag.>:) It weighs a
>> tonne god knows what's in it.
>>

never ever look in a womans hand bag...
 Losing carp - Dutchie
I don't not worth my live.The carp I've got in my wallet are to many cards.Points for this points for that.
Latest Forum Posts