Non-motoring > My blue heaven. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 12

My blue heaven. - Ted

Well, someone's got to start it.

At last, a Manchester team has won the League ! But..what a way to do it, as usual, the blues kept their fans under a dark cloud of gloom by being the underdogs for most of the match. When all was lost to QPR and there were 6 minutes left to play, two goals were scored to lift the general air of depression.

I heard my next door neighbour let out an ear-splitting shriek just before I did ! Then the box of tissues came out 'cos I was welling up...big softy !

So, congrats to Mancini and the boys for sticking one up ole misery Ferguson at the last minute. Might nip into town tomorrow to see the parade.

I listened to it on Radio Manchester and got a phone call from work dead on kick off time. Hurriedly re-tuned the car radio and went off into the city to re-boot one of the Fiestas and clear out a load of loose hay left in the footwells of a Yaris. What on earth do people do in these cars ? It was in such a mess that we lost the next booking on the car.

A good day in our house but I can see some serious gloom in son's and SiL's...He He !

Ted

My blue heaven. - Iffy
Not a brilliant day to be a Spur.

Qualification for the Runners Up Cup, I mean Champions Leage, is no longer assured.

My blue heaven. - Dutchie
We have a new football stadium here Hull City.Manager just got the sack.Championship football not the best at the moment for the team.
 My blue heaven. - Robin O'Reliant
Incredible afternoon, City looked to have really blown it till the death.

It's the big one next week though, the mighty Hammers face Holloway's mob at Wembley.
 My blue heaven. - RattleandSmoke
I am glad city fans finally have something to celebrate. However most my city fan mates will either be in their 80's or sadly long buried before they win it again. My late Grandad was a city fan though, and because of that I am pleased they have won. While I wish it was United I am still glad it is a Manchester team and not flipping Liverpool or Chelsea.
 My blue heaven. - Roger.
Calm down, dears - it's only a game!
 My blue heaven. - DP
There was a football match today?? ;-)
 My blue heaven. - R.P.
Being a total football ignoramus - my wife understands the offside rule...I don't ! I heard that Swansea beat Liverpool and was slightly pleased knowing that the Swans are only recent in the Premier thing I thought it was quite an achievement until I heard that almost everyone have beaten them this season !
 My blue heaven. - devonite
>>Not a brilliant day to be a Spur.

Be worse for you next week then when we nick your CL place and doom you Thursday night footy ;-)
 My blue heaven. - devonite
The look on the Fergles face when smugness turned to dismay! - priceless! ;-)
 A Game Of football - Duncan
I will be the first to agree that I don't know much about Wendyball.

I did think Joey Barton was showing quite a bit of aggression when he was sent off the other day. Is this amount of aggression unusual for him?

tinyurl.com/cahu2hu
Last edited by: Duncan on Mon 14 May 12 at 17:55
 A Game Of football - Zero
Well I would congratulate them all, but none of them speak english.
 My blue heaven. - Ian (Cape Town)
>> The look on the Fergles face when smugness turned to dismay! - priceless! ;-)
>>

Even better than the (collective) one in the Ferrari pits when Hamilton won the title a few years back!

Latest Forum Posts