Non-motoring > The machine that destroys everything Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 19

The machine that destroys everything - Dog
The ultimate shredder: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os4O-0mb050
 The machine that destroys everything - SteelSpark
They stopped the video just before somebody put 5 sheets of A4 in at the same time, and jammed it (even though it's rated to take up to 7).
Last edited by: SteelSpark on Tue 15 May 12 at 11:33
 The machine that destroys everything - Crankcase
Bah. Call that a knife? I mean shredder?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVeTbnQmCTc
 The machine that destroys everything - Cliff Pope
That looks fun. The desire to go on trying more and more extreme things must be irresistable.

More impressive really are the giant machines that will take whole refrigerators or cars and sort out the result into ferous, non-ferous, plastic, CFCs, etc.
 The machine that destroys everything - Focusless
I'd feel happier if there was a flippin' big red stop button somewhere near the business end of that thing! Makes me nervous every time that chap's hands go anywhere near it.
 The machine that destroys everything - Cliff Pope
>> Makes me nervous every time that chap's hands go anywhere
>> near it.
>>

I think I heard there was even a similar process for funerals, possible involving freezing first.
Or is that just my ghoolish imagination running wild?
 The machine that destroys everything - smokie
Company I know has a machine similar to the first for shredding hard disks on de-installed computers from banks and the like (optional extra on projects, rather expensive).

What they didn't realise was that it does not shred the disks small enough to meet the US Dept of Defense standard.

A shredded disk won't be much use to anyone, even if it isn't quite small enough...some people are plain fussy...
 The machine that destroys everything - sooty123
Nice find Dog, some of those made me laugh :-))

I've seen those at work, usually for cds and the such but also for those naughty enough to get caught putting personal mobile phones and memory sticks into work a PC, not had the chance to see a mobile go through one, yet :)
 The machine that destroys everything - sherlock47
Well that wasted 5 minutes of my remaining life! I stayed to the end because I was hoping that the overwieght slob feeding it was going to get his hand caught up and find himself reduced to the contents of a small jar of raspberry jam :)
 The machine that destroys everything - Kevin
>I think I heard there was even a similar process for funerals, possible involving freezing first.

I visited University of Indianapolis a few years ago. They have a 3D computer model of a human body that you can manipulate to view any portion of the body, internal or external. It was created by taking a frozen corpse (an executed crim iirc) and then, working from the head down to the feet, shaving off a thin cross section of the corpse and then taking a digital image.

It was a bit disturbing to use - knowing how it had been created.
 The machine that destroys everything - Zero
>> I'd feel happier if there was a flippin' big red stop button somewhere near the
>> business end of that thing! Makes me nervous every time that chap's hands go anywhere
>> near it.

A button is no good when you have lost your hand...
 The machine that destroys everything - diddy1234
no but screaming makes it bearable!
 The machine that destroys everything - Mr. Ecs
youtu.be/Aja7gcgRMJU
 The machine that destroys everything - Dog
I could probably take water boarding on the chin, but if the Feds threatened to throw me in THAT thing I'm afraid I would have to sing like a Canary!
 The machine that destroys everything - Ted

I bet Pol Pot would have liked one of those !

Ted
>The ultimate shredder:

Let's see 'em throw a few banana skins in there.

Our waste disposal will take just about anything, but a banana skin is almost impossible to shred.
 The machine that destroys everything - zookeeper
what if they threw a few shredder rollers in to it?
 The machine that destroys everything - R.P.
Game on at the office tomorrow after my 11 o'clock feed !
Did you get my email to pass on Rob?
 The machine that destroys everything - R.P.
Yes sent it to "him" and posted on here to tell him - not replied to it though !
Latest Forum Posts