Non-motoring > misguided deformation for beauty? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: - Replies: 54

misguided deformation for beauty? - -
Watching telly earlier and a British actress in an American trash film that my daughter happened to be watching has obviously had the statutory botox on her lips that end up making her look like she's done 3 rounds with Mike Tyson.

Just talking about this to SWMBO who mentioned something i hadn't noticed, the girls who go for this look end up looking not much different to an inflatable sex doll, as the dolls complete with open mouthed expression, not i hasten to add that either of us has examined one close up.

Why do young women put themselves through such procedures when the end result isn't remotely attractive, indeed in thios case teh girl who was otherwise nice looking looked deformed especially as she spent most of the time with her mouth open, pout?

Or is it me...be honest now do any of our fine selection of chaps here think the botox lipped or indeed pinched too lifted face look is attractive.

I find the look utterly repulsive, including false breasts, and i shudder to think of other surgery they put themselves to in more delicate regions.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Manatee
I can't but agree. I suppose the resultant look is a matter of taste, but I wouldn't want anyone I cared about to subject herself to that for appearance's sake, regardless.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - swiss tony
I can't help think of something like this, tinyurl.com/7psmotf whenever botox is mentioned...
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Roger.
Natural is best, particularly in the mammary region, whether large or small originally.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - L'escargot
>> I can't help think of something like this, tinyurl.com/7psmotf whenever botox is mentioned...
>>

There's something fishy about that photograph.
I don't like botoxed lips. Fortunately I haven't noticed (I nearly said come across but I realised that that could be misinterpreted!) anyone other than "celebrities" who have had the treatment.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - DeeW
Snail, having had free 'botoxed' lips this week, I cannot but agree they are not pleasant - a trout pout is not a pretty thing. And to the 'gentleman', at Newbury Racecourse, who elbowed me in the mouth ... it would have been nice if you had replaced my glass of champagne, not just mumbled and moved off!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Dog
Sarko's byrd has been got-at by the shape shifters too unfortunately:

www.peggypicot.com/italianisme/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/Carla-bruni-choc-visage.jpg

Which is a shame because she used to be a stunner!

alaskareport.com/images39/carla_bruni.jpg
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Cliff Pope
It's funny that peoples around the world always develop into the shapes that their societies consider beautiful.
Fat south sea islanders, slim Scandinavians, muscular Russians, podgy eskimos, etc.
It even changes over generations. In England, over centuries, waists rose and fell, hips widened and narrowed, bottoms were flat or stuck out. Pear-shaped, hour-glass, straight, the shape changes with the decades.

Except now, where half the population are fat (mustn't say obese any more, it's rude) but hate themselves for being so.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Duncan
Leslie Ash went a little too far?

tinyurl.com/6moxupb
Last edited by: Duncan on Sat 19 May 12 at 09:28
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Dutchie
www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Z3-0akw00&feature=fvwrel

The natural look.>:)
>>The natural look.>:)<<

She looks too good for a Kaaskop Dutchie, are you sure she isn't an English Rose.

:}
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Focusless
>> Leslie Ash went a little too far?
>>
>> tinyurl.com/6moxupb

To be fair, that was the result of a botched operation.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Ted
>> Sarko's byrd has been got-at by the shape shifters too unfortunately:
>>
I still wouldn't climb over her to get to you, Bonzo...still, beggars can't be etc.

Ted
>>I still wouldn't climb over her to get to you, Bonzo<<

You'd need your anti-balling plates if you did Teddy.
"Since 1920 the average breast size has increased by 4in, hip size by 6in and waist size by 8in, a Marks and Spencer study reveals. Experts blame the rich western diet and ever more sedentary lifestyle."

tinyurl.com/7kguc7q
Good to see you're keeping abreast of things L'es.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Runfer D'Hills
I was a young child in the 60s. Our family only had one car which my dad used for work. My mum could drive, in fact she'd been an ambulance driver in the war, but never did again once she gave up work.

She and most other housewifes I can remember used to walk or cycle everywhere. Most of them were slim come to think of it.

Might be a clue there...
>> ...... in the 60s. Our family only had one car .........

Lucky you. Our family didn't have a car.
Ditto. My Dad cycled to work. He was thin too. And as kids we weren't allowed to play in the house when it was fine - not that we wanted to. Like a whippet, I was!
<<"We are eating far more calories than we actually need.

>>'But at the same time we lead physically inactive lives. Our energy needs have fallen but we refuse to eat less.'

This has become very clear to me over the last 4 weeks! I decided I didn't want my BMI to go over 30, and to reduce it to 25. This will entail losing 13kg of my 90kg starting weight.

My "maintenance" level for my almost sedentary lifestyle is about 2300 calories / day. To lose 1lb.week, I need to average a 500 cal deficit so eat 1800 / day. So far, so good and about 5lb down.

To illustrate what a difference activity makes, I have just walked a brisk 3.4 miles for the papers. That earned me an extra 330 cals (I'm going out for a birthday curry tonight).

My daughter weighs 20kg less than me and is as fit as a lop (rowing enthusiast). She also cycles 25 miles round trip to work when weather permits. She can be eating 3000 cals / day without gaining weight, 1200 more than me at the moment.

I'm using this to regulate my regime - it keeps track of food and exercise.

www.myfitnesspal.com/

Daughter uses it as she has to eat quite a bit more or less depending on how much rowing/cycling she is doing day to day. Cycling to work for her requires an extra 1200 cals / day.

I'm slightly embarrassed about telling you all this, but it's working for me and might be of use to somebody ;-)

Better than having bits cut off, or your stomach stapled it seems to me. I feel much better and the only drawback seems to be that my trousers are falling down.

Thread drift, again.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Mike Hannon
I think South Seas women look lovely. The blokes are pretty impressive too. Every year near here there's an international folklore festival and it's worth the ticket price for the Tonga entry alone.
I read the other day that Boris Yeltsin is botoxed. Why? To give him a frozen smile?
 misguided deformation for beauty? - devonite
Young bar-maid at my local has had her Jaw shortened, four teeth removed so that they could be made straighter, Nose re-shaped, ears pinned back (in Prague no less!) and has Botox injections to the corners of her eyes and mouth fairly regularly.
The thing is, she was always a bonnie lass, and all this "surgery" is nothing more than cosmetic, there was no medical reasons for her to have it. She is only 29!!
I think the so-called Surgeons that do this type of work on people that don`t need it, should refuse to do it, but hey! money`s good!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - zookeeper
>> Young bar-maid at my local has had her Jaw shortened, four teeth removed so that
>> they could be made straighter, Nose re-shaped, ears pinned back

she could have at it all done for free at closing time at my local watering hole last night!!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Zero
No wonder your beer is so dear there, someone has to pay for all this.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Cliff Pope
>> Young bar-maid at my local has had her Jaw shortened, four teeth removed so that
>> they could be made straighter, Nose re-shaped, ears pinned back (in Prague no less!) and
>> has Botox injections to the corners of her eyes and mouth fairly regularly.
>>

But anyone wanting to marry her and father children will be wondering what sort of grotesque monsters she is concealing in her genetic make-up. Always have a look at the mother first.
Always have a look at the mother first.
>>

why do wise old geezers never take idiot young fellows to one side and explain this and other facts of life, how i wish i'd known this gem first time round, both in nature as well as looks.
When I divorced my first, I had to "borrow" a friends Rottweiler for a couple of months to help me get over the loss!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - madf
>> When I divorced my first, I had to "borrow" a friends Rottweiler for a couple
>> of months to help me get over the loss!
>>

I've heard of dogs being a man's "best friend" but.....

My wife has the skin of a 16 year old.

I wish she'd give it back...She's getting it very wrinkled.

Coat please, Jeeves.

Ted
Anyone not comfortable in their own skin should read silence of the lambs, buffalo bill etc
If i had used the mother in law as a fore- warning i never would have married SWMBO, being of fijian extraction the MIL had more tatoos than a mike tyson v david beckham charity bout
thankfully SWMBO has no tatoos but looks great in a grass skirt.....no word of a lie
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Armel Coussine
An American friend, a Junoesque blonde but with plenty brains, a one-time actress and still a bit of a cabaret singer, in her acting days took against her nose which she felt was too turned-up and piggy. Despite everyone's advice that the snub piggy job was perfectly all right, she spent quite a lot of money on a subtle nose job, so subtle indeed that I can't see the difference.

Her very pretty sister-in-law at about the same time decided her breasts were too big and had them surgically reduced.

It's bad enough being a man but it must be awful being a woman and wanting to look more mainstream than you actually do. Poor darlings.
yes AC but look at that trollope Pete Burn from the band dead or alive.....his plastic surgeon should be up for GBH...
You should see HIS Mother!!!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Armel Coussine
>> plastic surgeon should be up for GBH...

Quite a few surgeons should be, and not just plastic ones from what one reads and hears.

I always thought the Osmonds' dentist deserved the Congressional Medal of Honor or an honorary Dukedom though...
>>thankfully SWMBO has no tatoos but looks great in a grass skirt.....no word of a lie<<

Any pics?

:-D
sorry dog, not for public view....plenty of similar birds here

www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dtEStvGGI&feature=related
Nice, have you ever been to Fiji, zooman?
No.....the rels go twice a year...ive never been, its too expensive ...they hail from the capital city Suva on the main island...the FIL was a police person? lost his clout when it got independant from UK ...they are/were asian immigrants from capt cooks time (decendants that is)
Last edited by: zookeeper on Sat 19 May 12 at 17:12
I had a dream 30 years ago where I met a Woman from the South Pacific called Melushia pronounced mel-lou-shia,

She wore a grass skirt (and not much else) but I suppose they wear Western garb nowadays :)

I don't recall whether I met her in the South Sea Islands, or here but, I've never forgotten her name.

That's it - I'm going to rent Mutiny on the Bounty (with Marlon) from Lovefilm!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEmZ_A0UTrA&feature=fvwrel
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Ian (Cape Town)
>> I had a dream 30 years ago where I met a Woman from the South
>> Pacific called Melushia pronounced mel-lou-shia,

You've got to have a dream, if you don't have a dream, how you gonna have a dream come true?
That, of course is the Sensible approach.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwIddYGse9g

;)
we get a specific medicinal/ ritual powder now and again when the inlaws pop over...they bring it back...mixed with water through a muslim cloth and drank , its called kava kave or summit
knock your socks off
I've been 'into' alternative medicine for decades beekeep and have used kava kava as a tranquilliser at times.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kava

Pacific islanders have used it for centuries
Last edited by: Dog on Sat 19 May 12 at 20:37
>> sorry dog, not for public view....plenty of similar birds here
>>
>> www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4dtEStvGGI&feature=related
>>

Phwoooooor...............Hunky sailors in white tights ! Well a boy can dream !

Ted
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Roger.
>> When I divorced my first, I had to "borrow" a friends Rottweiler for a couple

How beastly for you.
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Harleyman
>>

My ex-partner bought a Rottie. the joke amongst my mates was that she had one Rottweiler bitch and I had two!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - MD
>>both in nature as well as looks.

Yes yes and thrice yes. Oh! why didn't I risten (sic).
 misguided deformation for beauty? - BobbyG
My missus is a nurse and she says that once you have dealt with some old, dying, wrinkly woman, with tattoos and silicon implants, you would never, ever consider having them!
 misguided deformation for beauty? - Lygonos
The acronym for the society for cosmetic surgeons in the UK still makes me chuckle:

www.baaps.org.uk/
Well i`ve changed my mind ! perhaps cosmetic surgery can be classed as Medical cases!!

There is obviously "Something" wrong in her head, or the Surgeons!!

www.aol.co.uk/video/meet-the-vampire-woman-from-guadalajara/517370119/
Blimey Devonite, meeting her in a dark deserted alley would reform the most outspoken atheist.

Don't wish to look at her so i'm not looking for an links, i like sleeping soundly, but there's an American (had to be) woman who's had extensive surgery to make her appear cat like, severely creepy.
Jocelyn Wildenstein.
>> i like sleeping soundly<<

The pit and the pendulum is on CBS (Freesat) that should help you sleep soundly.

:)
Latest Forum Posts