Non-motoring > Car /Phone Aux cable Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 5

Car /Phone Aux cable - BobbyG
Ebay item 230782197704

An aux cable that goes from phone headphone socket to aux in on car. On one side it also has a microphone so can be used as handsfree as well as playing your music through the stereo.

However there are a few on ebay and they all show the jack with the mic bit on it being plugged into the car. This would actually work really well in my car if the jack with the mic was the one that was plugged into the phone as it sits high on my dashboard. Having the mic at the aux socket down near the gearstick would be pointless.

Can anyone who knows the logic of these type of things tell me if the aux cable will work either way? I currently have a straightforward aux cable without the mic and it works either way .

Car /Phone Aux cable - Zero
The 3.5mm plug with 4 segments has to go into the phone, and the one with 3 has to go in the stereo.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 20 May 12 at 23:00
Blast, oh well, there goes that plan!

Just stick wit the bluetooth visor thing then!
 Car /Phone Aux cable - T junction
Looks to me as the two plugs are different, the mic end has a tip and 2 rings, the other end has a tip and 3 rings, this will be the phone end as you have left, right, mic and ground. The radio end is just left, right and ground. So sorry don't think it will work the other way round.

Edit: Beaten to it!
Last edited by: T junction on Sun 20 May 12 at 23:08
OK what about item 350503700808 and then just buy a standard aux to aux cable to put in the end of it.
Would that work?
 Car /Phone Aux cable - Zero
yes but you haven't thought through about where the mic will be mounted, you will have TWO wires running to it. One to the phone and one to the stereo.

The cable idea to the stereo is a bodge, and you are trying to bodge a bodge.

To answer the phone you would have to select aux on the radio, and press answer on the phone/mic. And the mic will be sub optional, they are designed to be close to the mouth. You might get feedback.

Last edited by: Zero on Sun 20 May 12 at 23:30
Latest Forum Posts