Non-motoring > RIP Robin Gibb Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 16

RIP Robin Gibb - RattleandSmoke
As a apart of the second most successful song writing team after the Beatles the pop world has just lost one of its greatest talents.

I have perhaps shamefully been a Bee Gee's fan from a young age and have all their early albums. Robin also had such a great voice.

Hopefully he is at peace now after a long battle with his illness and my thoughts go out to all his family.
 RIP Robin Gibb - Armel Coussine
The Bee Gees were personable and harmonious.

I wasn't a big fan but a hell of a lot of people were.
 RIP Robin Gibb - R.P.
Probably a blessed relief - but leaves an enduring legacy
I just feel sorry for his mother, she has now lost three of her sons. At least he is no longer suffering and I sometimes wonder if him waking up from the coma was actually a good thing. He must have been suffering a great deal ever since.
 RIP Robin Gibb - R.P.
Now, I found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

Living tomorrow, where in the world will I be tomorrow?
How far am I able to see?
Or am I needed here?

Now, I have found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday

If I remember all of the things I have done
I'd remember all of the times I've gone wrong
Why do they keep me here?

Now, I have found that the world is round
And of course it rains everyday...
 RIP Robin Gibb - Zero
I was never a fan of the warbling shrill falsetto singing, but as PU often quotes, they were, inevitably, the sounds of times of my life. The album, SNF is without doubt one of the "must have" albums on your classics shelf, and indeed it is on mine.
 RIP Robin Gibb - Harleyman
>> The Bee Gees were personable and harmonious.
>>
>> I wasn't a big fan but a hell of a lot of people were.
>>

Sums it up well AC. As the years have passed, those hit singles which grated on the ear at the time because it wasn't "cool" to like them now come across as what they are, well-crafted and catchy pop songs. Although I don't think even today I could cope with a whole album all at once.

Always seemed a down-to-earth and pleasant chap when he was interviewed too.
 RIP Robin Gibb - Dog
"The hour of departure had arrived for Robin Gibb, and we go our ways; he to die, and I to live.

Which is better? Only God knows".
~Socrates.
 RIP Robin Gibb - VxFan
It's a Tragedy.
 RIP Robin Gibb - Bromptonaut
>> It's a Tragedy.

And on step from Staying Alive.
Been quite a major event thing in our family. Even my grandma (who is 82) is quite upset about it. She had a great comment though:-

"At least Barry will be able to find a job in another band"

Probably the funniest thing I have heard in a while. I don't think my grandma grasped just how big they were as song writers or as a band. As song writers they were far more successful than the Bee Gee;s them selv

I am also more of a fan of their early stuff 1965-1972 rather than their Disco stuff, but they did release a great album in 1997 called Still Waters.
 RIP Robin Gibb - BiggerBadderDave
In a big hotel in Gran Canaria a couple of years ago, I was harassed by my kids to take part in Karaoke in front of hundreds of people. Of course, I chose "How Deep is Your Love" after a few quick shots of vodka to keep up the courage, but it's my special "shower song" so I'd had plenty of rehearsing.

I came second after a numpty sung some Tom Jones rubbish. It's all there on the camcorder. (I always come second)
 RIP Robin Gibb - Dog
>>I always come second<<

No ... on second thoughts, I better not.

:}
Last edited by: Dog on Mon 21 May 12 at 12:19
 RIP Robin Gibb - FocalPoint
">>I always come second<<

No ... on second thoughts, I better not."

You are gentlemen, both of you.

For different reasons, obviously.
 RIP Robin Gibb - VxFan
>> I came second after a numpty sung some Tom Jones rubbish.

It's not unusual.
 RIP Robin Gibb - helicopter
Reminds me of the old Jimmy Tarbuck gag Vx ....

Tom Jones sings ' Its not unusual '......

........I shared a dressing room with him, I 've seen it and believe me .....it is !
 RIP Robin Gibb - Kevin
>> I came second after a numpty sung some Tom Jones rubbish.

>It's not unusual.

Thanks VxFan,

best giggle I've had today.
Latest Forum Posts