Non-motoring > PVR Media display Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

PVR Media display - Ambo
I have a Humax Foxstat HD personal video recorder hitched to my Panasonic Viera 32" TV. If I want to show List, Schedule or Guide on the screen, there is a full-screen display. Media however only shows 75%, meaning the print is too small to read from my viewing area. There is nothing specific in the handbook to help and Factory Reset woud delete my numerous saved recordings. Do any posters know how to cure this please?
 PVR Media display - Dog
Can you explain (to a ficko) what exactly you mean by Media, draiber.
 PVR Media display - Ambo
There is a black button marked "Media" on the left of the remote, just below the larger of two red buttons. Pressing this gives the display of all recorded material (TV and radio, though I olny record TV programs). Scroll to a required item and press Control to start the program rolling.
 PVR Media display - Focusless
When you say 75%, does that mean there are black(?) borders around the pictures on the screen, and are they top/bottom and left/right or just (say) left/right? And do the pictures look 'squashed' eg. do circles become ovals?
Last edited by: Focus on Wed 20 Jun 12 at 13:24
 PVR Media display - Ambo
Focus, the borders (which are even on all four sides) show the program currently being played. No other pictures are displayed as Media simply shows a list of recorded programs.
 PVR Media display - Focusless
Ok sorry - so it's not playing the media that's the problem. I misunderstood.
 PVR Media display - Dog
>>There is a black button marked "Media" on the left of the remote, just below the larger of two red buttons<<

OK, thanks.
 PVR Media display - Slidingpillar
I've got the same buttons on a Humax HDR Fox T2 (the Freeview version). All looks as though I'm seeing the right things in the right proportions. My TV is a Sony Bravia, and the interconnecting cable is an HDMI cable. Widescreen TV sets often have an unhealthy desire to stretch and geometry distort inputs to fill their screen so something being too small is odd.

If you are using a HDMI lead, have you tried a SCART lead and visa versa? Yes, I know you'd lose HD resolution with a SCART lead, but it might put you on the right track.
 PVR Media display - Ambo
Thanks but I'd rather stick to HD and put up with the inconvenience. The proportions are fine but the display is too small. (It is not that the media won't play, they will, just that the list is hard to read.)
 PVR Media display - Dog
I have ze Humax Foxsat HD Freesat box (not PVR) plus Panasonic Plasma TV.

Using the aspect button on my Panasonic remote I can zoom in (enlarge) the EPG.

Worth a try for your Media display?
 PVR Media display - Ambo
Will do, thanks
Latest Forum Posts