Non-motoring > Courier which is v good? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 5

Courier which is v good? - Bigtee
Bit of a rant sorry.

Booked with Yodel used to be DHL flippin rubbish is putting it lightly waited in 12hrs yesterday for them to pick up 2x tyres 21kg had to book online and wait, there online information when i checked the progress yesterday said the parcel had been picked up!!!

Took the tyres into the local office this morning at Gildersome near Leeds no appology no receipt for the tyres just a hand written note with the number on am i fed up yes!!!"

The local post office wanted £38.00 Yodel was £13.00 who do you use and what are they like please?

I flog on e bay so use the post office never posted this heavy last one was 17kg.

Checked Yodel reviews and you guessed it there garbage!!!
 Courier which is v good? - mikeyb
I usually go through this site www.parcel2go.com and pick whoever is cheapest.

I notice that they are offering yodels 2 day service for 6.50+vat for up to 30 kgs. Cant really be any money in it for them at that level, so no surprise the service is......well, not what you were expecting.

I've used city link quite a bit, but the problem is they are usually franchises so the service can vary quite a bit
 Courier which is v good? - Fenlander
For years I've been using Interparcel. They are an online broker and give you the facility to choose which carrier's service you favour. I always go for UPS and they have been excellent. Very cheap, all arranged online and UPS have never failed to treat the collection day as important. Some of the others guarantee the delivery time (say 24/48hr) but that is from the collection day and that they don't guarantee which is an absolute pain.
 Courier which is v good? - Bigtee
I usually go through this site www.parcel2go.com and pick whoever is cheapest.

I did this Yodel was cheapest, UPS will be used next time i have two more to sell.
 Courier which is v good? - devonite
I notice that DHL has now "partnered" up with Man Utd! - thats certainly nothing to Yodel about in my book!
Last edited by: devonite on Fri 22 Jun 12 at 18:57
 Courier which is v good? - seasidersrock
Another recommendation for InterParcel. Com.
Excellent service, so far used UPS, City Link and TNT. All picked up on time, very competitive prices.
14 KG of amplifier to Brussells, Parcel Farce wanted close to £70, delivered in 2 days, tracked with UPS for £32.
Plus there customer service is excellent, had to cancel a P/U at very short notice and they sorted it out with no problems.
Latest Forum Posts