Non-motoring > Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 6

Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone - Meldrew
I have an iPod which is backed up onto my laptop and onto "The Cloud". I am getting an iPhone and am wondering if the contents of the Pod can be transferred to the phone, either by back-up or some other cunning means. I am sure the instructions won't say anything about it! The only good news, whatever happens, is goodbye to my b awful Blackberry - what a crock! Any thoughts please?
 Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone - Iffy
Others on here know more than me, but I believe the idea of The Cloud is that every device you have has access to all your data.

Thus the iPhone doesn't routinely download your iTunes library, it merely accesses it.

Handy if your iTunes library is bigger than the capacity of the iPhone.

Not quite so handy because you need constant wireless access for it all to work.

I'm sure there is a way to do what you seek.

Syncing - plugging in - the iPhone to the laptop might do it.

Thanks iffy, I was going to try that. It occurs to me that the back-up may only work to the original source. I guess these things have the phone equivalent of an IMEI and may not back up. Anyway, it is the first thing I shall try and report back
 Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone - Iffy
I think the iTunes library on your laptop will sync to a limited number of devices, might be three or four.

So if you've only ever synced to your iPod, it should accept your new iPhone.

Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone - Zero
Everything on your iPod, is synched on to your PC by iTunes.

Ones simply transfers the stuff from iTunes to the iPhone.
Thanks Oh Wise Ones! I now recall seeing a pop-up saying that one can only synch to 4 devices at a time so I should be OK.
 Transfer of iPod contents to iPhone - Manatee
Fire up iTunes and plug the iPhone, and see what happens. It worked for me.
Latest Forum Posts