Non-motoring > "Designer stubble" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 17

"Designer stubble" - L'escargot
I can't ever recall seeing anyone with "designer stubble" who wasn't a so-called "celebrity".
 "Designer stubble" - Focusless
Because if you're not a celebrity, it's just "being unshaven".
 "Designer stubble" - Focusless
>> Because if you're not a celebrity, it's just "being unshaven".

...or more concisely, "stubble".
 "Designer stubble" - Slidingpillar
I've got a pal who's been known to sport it. Not a celebrity, although he does bear a passing resemblance to Damon Hill.
 "Designer stubble" - Mike Hannon
You can now buy an electric razor in France designed specifically for creating and maintaining 'designer stubble'.
It (the stubble) is very popular over here, even for TV newsreaders and the like, let alone tax office clerks, etc, etc.
Scruffy blighters. Says the man with the No6 beard.
 "Designer stubble" - WillDeBeest
It's creeping into my corporate world too. Some people can sort of carry it off but most look as if they've just neglected to shave. I blame that paragon of corporate excellence and guide to business practice The Apprentice.
 "Designer stubble" - Zero
One really needs the correct type of facial hair to grow proper stubble. Patchy or whispy is a no-no.
 "Designer stubble" - Stuu
I dont so much mind designer stubble but I have often found it odd the lengths people go to in order to style their facial hair, yet still look like a plonker.

Those people who have little bits here and there, I always wanna make some comment about Specsavers.
 "Designer stubble" - devonite
London Bob down the "Local" wears "Stubble" all the time (Grey)! - we tease him that he shaves with his hair clippers on No1 - seems to suit him really though without it looking scruffy, as it would on most folk.
 "Designer stubble" - Roger.
IMO, "designer" stubble is the outward sign of an inward scruffy oik.
 "Designer stubble" - WillDeBeest
Oh dear, I may have to reconsider; if Roger disapproves, it can't be all bad.
 "Designer stubble" - Armel Coussine
I don't shave often because being a scruffy oik I just can't be bothered. The grey stubble doesn't make me look better but nor does it make me look markedly worse. Lost any semblance of decent looks years ago.

A neat, tidy, dapper, scrubbed appearance and a heady reek of aftershave don't convince me though. These things very often mask inward vacuity and social insecurity, if not actual blackness of soul. However for many people they are just required for work. Poor sods.
 "Designer stubble" - Dog
Some say action speaks louder than words, but I'll go along with .. The pen is mightier than the sword!
 "Designer stubble" - CGNorwich
It's not the dread upon your head, but the love inna your heart, that mek ya Rastaman"
 "Designer stubble" - corax
>> London Bob down the "Local" wears "Stubble" all the time (Grey)! - we tease him
>> that he shaves with his hair clippers on No1 - seems to suit him really
>> though without it looking scruffy, as it would on most folk.

The Claud Greengrass look

nomeatballs.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/claude-greengrass.jpg
 "Designer stubble" - smokie
Bald heads, now there's a thing I don't understand. Young blokes who surely can't be bald choosing to keep it shiny. Often goes with designer stubble.

I keep my hair short these days and apart from a bit of a widow's peak developing it seems to be staying in, Not sure I'd be bald by choice though.
 "Designer stubble" - CGNorwich
Actually quite few men start going bald in their twenties. Total baldness is considered more cool than a receding hairline.
 "Designer stubble" - devonite
My younger brother has been a "Bowling-ball" since 18! - he started with Galloping Alopecia, and being totally bald is definitely better than going around looking like a Mangy, tuffty alley cat.
Latest Forum Posts