Non-motoring > New My Drive tab Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fenlander Replies: 13

New My Drive tab - Fenlander
Anyone else noticed it? Looks like a useful resource could build up in there... as long as it's searchable by others. I'd put stuff in it.
 New My Drive tab - Iffy
The management will be expecting us to be grumpy and resistant to change, as we usually are.

Much as I'd like to stick to type, it looks like a worthwhile development.

Those who want to post photos can, leaving the discussion forum - I hope - text only.

New My Drive tab - Zero
If the new tab is to be "my drive" the forum tab should be renamed.

Watford Gap, or Blue Boar, or Membury... something like that.
 New My Drive tab - Pat
I think it's a brilliant idea:)

It's different and encourages involvement in the whole website not just the forums.
It never ceases to amaze me, when we do a show like Truckfest, just how many people come to the stand and tell us how much they appreciate the information pages on our website, how they download the training leaflets etc. When we ask if they use the forums we always get a bashful 'no, they're not for me'.

Not everyone wants to chat, but will spend hours reading our lorry drivers tales, so this should bring website traffic and provide a reason for return visits.

One question though.

Can Stu and I do one on our old cars?:)

Pat
 New My Drive tab - Clk Sec
I think it's a good idea and an interesting addition to C4P.

If ever I get around to it I would like to post pictures of some of the cars that were owned by my father and grandfather. Although, the motoring discussion section might be a more appropriate place for these.

Must have a rummage in the attic sometime.
 New My Drive tab - Zero
I am gonna need that slide scanner. And raid my mums photo album.
It's funny because I've just been through our family photos and scanned in images of the first 41 (!) of our cars (stuff like a Riley 1.5, Alfasud, DS & CX Citroens, V8 Rovers etc etc) which might be of interest. Perhaps My Drive could be a place to put them?? Otherwise I'd thought of starting a thread with links but I'm sure all 41 on individual links would put folks off looking.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Sun 9 May 10 at 09:39
 New My Drive tab - Iffy
...My Drive could be a place to put them??...

I think that's exactly the type of content the management is looking for.

Looks like My Drive will be your own space on here, and will not drop out of sight after a few days in the way a thread does.

Of course, there will be some pressure on the drive's owner to add to/change what's parked there, as well as keeping it weed free, of course.

New My Drive tab - car4play
>> Of course, there will be some pressure on the drive's owner to add to/change what's
>> parked there, as well as keeping it weed free, of course.

Yes, and the most weed free (best rated) will get listed in the reference section for that car model.
 New My Drive tab - car4play
>> Perhaps My Drive could be a place to put them??

Yes it will be.
>>>>tell us how much they appreciate the information pages on our website.

Yes I've had a look round your site Pat and enjoyed the images of lorry trailer art... the almost 3D looking ones.
 New My Drive tab - Pat
Have you read the Lorry Drivers Tales FD? :)

Pat
I read your in the Truckers Tales Pat... genuinely interesting.
 New My Drive tab - Zero
I am actually a memebr of the site, never posted tho.
Latest Forum Posts