Non-motoring > We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 5

We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - L'escargot
I'm sure they haven't come out of our lawns. How far do they travel after they hatch out?
 We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - devonite
If they were Leatherjackets they probably came on a Motor cycle!
 We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - madf
Daddy Long Legs migrate miles to feed on snails' trails.
 We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - Dave_
Only had three or four seen here this month, which is a good thing as daughter treats them the same as spiders (scream, run away, get Dad to sort out). Dad conducts eugenic experiments on daddy long legs, seeing what they do when alternate legs removed etc.
 We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - Ted

I hope you're not in when the RSPCA come round tomorrow, Dave.

They terrify my wife...even if one is on the ceiling at the other side of the room. I don't mind them, I find them rather gentle creatures. I remove them from her presence by grabbing one wingtip gently and chucking them out of the window. I'd hate to damage a fragile leg or two ( The fly not the wife ).

Now Moths.....they're another matter. Ugh ! Disciples of the Devil. Rolled up newspaper job.

Ted
 We've got enough daddy long legs to cobble dogs - CGNorwich
DDLLs don't live long. Once they have emerged they mate and die.

Moths are fascinating creatures. I used to trap them with a light box and it's absolutely astonishing how many varieties you can find in your back garden. Quite difficult to identify though. If you can get past your phobia Ted they are truly wonderful things to study.
Latest Forum Posts