Non-motoring > Which Wood Preservative? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Fullchat Replies: 6

Which Wood Preservative? - Fullchat
After completely cleaning and relaying some of my block drive I have got round to another job on my list and am replacing a 12' gate and posts which are a bit jaded.
I'm using tanalised timber for both the 'farm' gate and posts.
I like the look of the washed out green you get with tanalised timber and would also like to keep it looking good and add an extra layer of protection.
I'm having difficulty spotting the right product which will be the penetrating stuff rather than the paint type gloop. What I need must be very pale green rather than the darker green stuff I have.
Any ideas?
 Which Wood Preservative? - Dog
This is good:

www.diy.com/nav/decor/paint/woodcare/exterior-woodcare/garden-furniture-treatment/cuprinol/Cuprinol-Wood-Preserver-Clear-10298972?skuId=9261599
 Which Wood Preservative? - Old Navy
Beat me to it, I was setting up the same link. :-)
 Which Wood Preservative? - henry k
>>What I need must be very pale green rather than the darker green stuff I have.
Any ideas?

The link says "Cuprinol Wood Preserver C L E A R 1L

I would look for Cuprinol Trade but not sure what sort of green they offer.
 Which Wood Preservative? - L'escargot
>> Any ideas?
>>

Cuprinol Ultimate Garden Wood Protector in Spruce Green. www.cuprinol.co.uk/products/ultimate_garden_wood_protector.jsp
 Which Wood Preservative? - devonite
I dont think anything will penetrate Tanalised wood, that is the idea of it! - so whatever you use will just be a surface treatment.
 Which Wood Preservative? - Fullchat
Cracked it.

Went with the Ronseal Total Wood Preserver. Cheaper than the Cuprinol stuff. Just added a tinge of the green preserver I have and its come out about where I want to be. Thanks for the ideas.
Tanalised is good for weather resistance but preserver soaks in ok and I'm a belt and braces kind of guy. Wanted to get the underground bits nicely soaked.
Latest Forum Posts