Non-motoring > Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 16

Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - R.P.
Decided to keep my iPhone 4 for now - I have been on a very low rate from 02 - a discounted "Simply" tariff around 15.50 per month. Nothing wrong with it but I do exceed the minutes now and again but with GG for twenty quid will get 800 minutes or for 15 quid get 400 minutes unlimited texts and unlimited web. I'm toying with the upper limit. GG piggy backs from the 02 network - so I can't see any down sides - anybody use it ?
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - Falkirk Bairn
Giff-Gaff owned by o2.

Son & DiL use it on their expred contract phones.........no issues, they take their £ of flesh every month
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - rtj70
Support is by the Giff Gaff community - and there have been outages recently. Giff Gaff was down but not O2.
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - Zero
And? O2 was down recently. For days.
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - No FM2R
I don't use Giff Gaff, but some around me do.

From what I gather its an excellent approach for the UK, but roaming is to be strongly avoided.

So it depends how much/often you think it will be used abroad. If not, then it seems pretty good to me.
Thanks - not often really - used the iphone for the last four trips abroad - but I guess I could get a SIM card wherever I go or take my dedicated bike PAYG phone. Still thinking about it.
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - John H
These may be better than giffgaff - unless you really do want unlimited data:

shop.tescomobile.com/sim-only?sim-type=IPHONE-SIM
includes unlimited BT Openzone Wi-Fi access

www.virginmobile.com/vm/paymonthlySimOnly.do
although not sure if they do a SIM for the iPhone

Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - Stuartli
I've used GiffGaff since last November. I buy the phone and use the £10 a month GiffGaff PAYG Goodybag which gives 250 minutes, unlimited texts and unlimited data (may be cut to 750MB in the near future as some abuse it); superb value for money and, remarkably, undercuts O2 substantially even though the latter owns it.

Paying extra, such as £15 or £20, brings additional minutes. See: www.giffgaff.com

Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - zookeeper
i use the £5.00 goody bag every month..you get 300 texts and 1 hour of talk time, plus for every minute that someone calls you on a mobile you get the duration of the call added to your talk time...great value
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - VxFan
>> shop.tescomobile.com/sim-only?sim-type=IPHONE-SIM
>> includes unlimited BT Openzone Wi-Fi access

Not all BT Openzone Wi-Fi hotspots. I'd say it's hit and miss whether you'll find one or not. In fact the only BT Openzones I've managed to access so far are in John Ratcliffe Hospital in Oxford, and Abingdon Hospital. The rest I've been refused access too.
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - sherlock47
>>>From what I gather its an excellent approach for the UK, but roaming is to be strongly avoided. <<<

Can you be more specific? I was thinking of swapping when my existing O2 contract expires, but need good French coverage.
Maybe worth asking on the giff-gaff forum pmh. Roaming doesn't really worry me.
I like the fact they have provided a video on how to cut your micro sim into a nano sim to fit the new iPhone. It has shades of anarchism about it, quite refreshing.
Decided to go back to 02 - an two year unlimited talk, unlimited text, 1 GB of data and iPhone 5 for 26 quid a month. Sold the iPhone 4 so it's a winning tariff...!
Iphone 5? you tart!
Shiny kit Zeddo - can't resist it ! :-(
 Giff-Gaff - anyone using it ? - John H
Good for you, and us. :)

As Balls and Miliband keep telling us, spending money is good for everyone.

You are happy. Apple, O2, the US economy, the Chinese economy, HMRC are all winners.

The British economy gains when the Chines and Americans do well, so we are all happy too.

Everyone is a winner. Enjoy.

Latest Forum Posts