Non-motoring > Stuff coming your way Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 3

Stuff coming your way - Crankcase
I know nothing about motorcycles, but here is a new electric one with gyroscopes.

And an iPad app that listens to your conversations and puts info on the screen that's relevant without you searching for it.

And some blah about coffee, which has interested some here in the past extensively.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19655627
 Stuff coming your way - L'escargot
"Designed to withstand the brute force of an impact with an SUV (sport utility vehicle), the C-1 is the world's first two-wheeler stabilised by electronically-controlled gyroscopes that create over 1,000 pounds of torque.

That, combined with a set of flywheels, help keep the vehicle upright in challenging conditions including rain, snow, traffic and collisions."

I bet it falls over when you stop the engine and get off it.

Stuff coming your way - Alanovich
So there's someone out there who accepts that SUV type vehicles cause harder impacts than standard cars, and that other vehicles now need to be designed in such a way as to mitigate against this increased risk to other road users. I think I've got a more straight forward solution, personally.
 Stuff coming your way - R.P.
Much been said in the motorcycle press - hideously expensive but a highly impressive bit of kit, especially the electric version which is very state of the art. Saw one on the M25 a few weeks ago. BMW's second foray into the scooter world in recent years - the original although an useful bit of kit was er...eccentric.
Latest Forum Posts