Non-motoring > Trouble brewing (Turkish Syrian dispute) Miscellaneous
Thread Author: sooty123 Replies: 6

Trouble brewing (Turkish Syrian dispute) - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-19840022

After a mortar attack the Turkish military attacked a military outpost. Now military action has been authorised. I wonder how much longer Assad can stay in power? What were the Syrians thinking attacking Turkish border towns?
Last edited by: R.P. on Fri 5 Oct 12 at 10:27
 Trouble brewing - CGNorwich
"What were the Syrians thinking attacking Turkish border towns?"

By most accounts the didn't. Reckless but not deliberate act. Turks have no appetite for a war and nor have the Syrians. There won't be one. A bit of sabre rattling by the Turks as a warning.

Trouble brewing - sooty123
I know I was just using to start the topic off, use it as a talking point. :)

It does seem that way, the Turks seem to think that the attack on the Syrian border post is enough for now. Although it may well flair up again in the future. Not war I agree but more border skirmishes or small scale airstrikes are certainly possible.
 Trouble brewing - Dog
The insurgents (otherwise known as the Free Syrian Army) could well have lobbed a false flag jobbie.

www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/turkey/9587435/Be-wary-of-playing-Turkeys-great-game.html
 Trouble brewing - VxFan
Before opening this thread, I thought the OP was having homebrew issues.

edit - I see RP has amended the header
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 5 Oct 12 at 13:41
 Trouble brewing - sooty123
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-19905247

Another incident. A/C forced to land after the turks suspected it was carrying weapons to the Syrian regime.
 Trouble brewing - rtj70
And it seems they might have been right in suspecting something - missile parts.
Latest Forum Posts