Non-motoring > Telegraph free book Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Manatee Replies: 3

Telegraph free book - Manatee
Free e-book in the Sunday Telegraph (inside back page).

It's called The Coffin Trail, by Martin Edwards. Detective whodunit by the look.

The boss wanted it on her Sony Reader but getting it on there or on the Kindle doesn't seem to be possible, you need an "iOS device".

A bit of a moan, but it might help somebody- the link given is basically wrong and there's no sign of the offer on the page to which it forwards.

subscriber.telegraph.co.uk/loyalty/telegraphoffers/

has a link to the offer.

The Telegraph doesn't really do technology so doesn't tell you that you need the iBook app, which I only discovered when I had downloaded it with iTunes and tried to drag it to the iPhone (the sole iOS device in the house).

I know what will happen next. She will 'tut' and say she can't read it on the iPhone. It's a good life if you don't weaken.
 Telegraph free book - Roger.
I've just had a look on The Pirate Bay and it's not listed as an available torrent.
 Telegraph free book - Slidingpillar
Does this free app convert the file?

www.calibre-ebook.com/

Claims to be useful, I tripped over it yesterday on a non-motoring form. I don't have a Kindle so have not tried it.
 Telegraph free book - Manatee
Good question. I've found the file on the netbook*, and it's an epub file which the Sony Reader will handle. I guess it will be a DRM issue from there. I'll see how she gets on with the iPhone first.

*I In looking for the file (not on the iPhone of course) I realised that downloading it to the netbook without my USB HDD connected had caused iTunes to relocate my media library to the netbook, not where all the music is. iTunes makes me hate Apple.
Latest Forum Posts