Non-motoring > Gas prices up again. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dutchie Replies: 13

Gas prices up again. - Dutchie
Gas prices are to go up by about 8% well above inflation.The same old story this time the excuse is distribution cost.How can we stop this happening? Shop around but energy companies run a cartel what is the point.
 Gas prices up again. - Dog
The answer is to use less gas.
 Gas prices up again. - Dutchie
I never thought of that Dog good answer.I notice quite a few houses near me are having solar panesl put up.
 Gas prices up again. - zookeeper
using less wont help, they will put the prices up even more to maintain the bottom line and keep the share holders happy
 Gas prices up again. - Roger.
>> using less wont help, they will put the prices up even more to maintain the
>> bottom line and keep the share holders happy

That's exactly what the Government of the day, did a while back.
They assumed that a diesel car would use less fuel, thus leading to a decreased tax take, so they stuck up the tax on DERV.
Frightful load of bounders.
 Gas prices up again. - Dog
When I was a lad we didn't have all this ere blimmin central heating, double glazing, fitted carpets ;)

Yes Dutchie, when you start looking, it's amazing just how many roofs have quite a few solar panels.
 Gas prices up again. - Zero
Prompted me to comparison check my current energy supplier deal. Gratified to find that there are only 4 deals better than mine (E-On energy saver on line) but mine is variable and not price protected in any way. One of the cheaper ones with a fix to 2014 was First Utility

Anyone with them?
 Gas prices up again. - Ambo
My E-On "Price Protection April 2014" dual-fuel scheme also comes out well in comparison checks.

I believe wholesale market prices have gone down, which makes one wonder even more about the greed of some fuel companies.
 Gas prices up again. - devonite
>>keep the share holders happy

That MUST be the real reason! - SSE are putting their prices up this week (I think!) but Ebico who use SSE as their supplier, aren`t. Ebico are non-profit making, therefore no share-holders, therefore no price hike.
>> >>keep the share holders happy
>>
>> That MUST be the real reason! - SSE are putting their prices up this week
>> (I think!) but Ebico who use SSE as their supplier, aren`t. Ebico are non-profit making,
>> therefore no share-holders, therefore no price hike.

But Ebico are not cheap. They dont need to raise prices.
 Gas prices up again. - devonite
Ebico - No Standing charge then 4.573p per unit

EDf STD - £84.32 pa Standing charge then 3.665p /unit
COOP - £61.20 SC then 3.610p / unit
BG - £115.92 SC then 3.731p / unit

You could buy a considerable amount of Gas from Ebico just using the Standing Charges! - look at it this way ;-)
If you were to buy just 10 units a year, you would pay BG £153.23
you would pay Ebico £0.46p
How many people buy 10 units of gas a year!

Ok here is my gas.

17941 KWH per annum

Ebico = £820 pa

E-on = £720 pa No standing charge.

So Ebico may be simple, but cheap it aint.

Gas prices up again. - zookeeper
im not on the gas...im economy 7 leccy...two quid a day does me
 Gas prices up again. - madf
I am on EDF fixed till September 2013. (anticipating increases in advance)

Looked at changing to EDF Fixed to April 2014 but the extra cost over the next 11 months more than offset any potential savings from October 2013.. well I hope we do not see a price increase of 20% +...by then..
Latest Forum Posts