Non-motoring > Modern world not all bad Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 1

Modern world not all bad - Armel Coussine
One of my sons-in-law, a respected North London jazz and funk drummer known to colleagues as 'The Pump', fell down a bank near here and injured his left foot quite badly some months ago, during a period of grieving and sorrow-drowning following his father's death. He is a fine fellow and normally a very abstemious chap never seen properly drunk or indeed intoxicated on anything else.

He is staying here this weekend. The foot, whose worst injury is a ripped tendon between big toe and others, has been held together by big screws ever since. He can drive and play his drums and has done a Japanese tour since the accident, but the foot hurts all the time when used for anything and the healing process is very slow. He hopes it will hurt less when the screws can be taken out.

Last time he had it looked at by the orthopaedic surgeons, one of them said casually: 'You do realise that until about 1950 we would have had to cut your foot off with that injury, and until recently it would have ended up so rigid you would have had to use a stick or crutch for the rest of your life?'

There are positive aspects to the modern world after all.
 Modern world not all bad - Dutchie
Accidents can happen and will.I've had some lucky escapes having one to many in the past A.C.Of course there are lot's of positives about modern surgery.Twenty years ago I wouldn't have survided this long.Hope son in law gets over his bereavement which is never easy.
Latest Forum Posts