Non-motoring > Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 10

Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - Ambo
In a query about moss killers I raised a while back there were a number of recommendations for Jeyes Fluid. Their website claims it is harmless to pets. Maybe it depends what pet but the Cats Protection League tell me that it is "extremly toxic to cats..."
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - devonite
Possibly if they manage to confuse it with their "Cravendale" - but when ours was alive it used to walk quite happily up and down the yard after I`d had a good clean -up with the stuff.
It lived till it was 6, then a Dog got it! so it stands to reason that dogs are more toxic to cats than Jeyes fluid. ;-)
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - madf
I wish it was toxic to cats, badgers and foxes. I use it for moss control and the three aforementioned dig holes everywhere - before and after application.
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - Pat
As moss only grows above ground, I assume the three aforementioned are only trying to help you.

Pat
>> As moss only grows above ground, I assume the three aforementioned are only trying to
>> help you.
>>
>> Pat
>>

If you call fox excrement help. then you are correct. "Eau de Reynard" has a certain ring to it...a new perfume by Dior.
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - corax
>> I wish it was toxic to cats, badgers and foxes. I use it for moss
>> control and the three aforementioned dig holes everywhere - before and after application.

Use cat repellent granules. I have had problems with badgers digging up a couple of the golf greens at work. Since I have used the aforementioned , no more problems. May work with foxes too. It contains garlic extract. You could make up your own.

Thanks
Will try that...
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - Cliff Pope
Lots of things are toxic to cats. What matters is whether cats actually want to consume it. That's why antifreeze is so lethal - it attracts them. But if cats are put off by the smell of Jeyes fluid, and if it doesn't taste very nice, then I don't see that it matters much if theoretically it is toxic.
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - CGNorwich
Spot on.

You often see articles advising that this or that plant is poisonous as indeed it may well be but unless, for example, you decide to make yourself a nice bluebell or foxglove salad you won't come to any harm
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - Clk Sec
>>Thanks
>>Will try that...

I mentioned these granules on another recent thread. They work very well:

tinyurl.com/cuc3v9o
 Jeyes Fluid "toxic to cats" - Ambo
Jeyes now tell me they are changing their advice as it may indeed be toxic.
Latest Forum Posts