Non-motoring > Problems with EE phone service. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 5

Problems with EE phone service. - Rudedog
Like many other T Mobile & Orange customers I have been switched onto the new EE network, at first I thought that I was picking up an improved signal (increased number of bars while indoors), but as the weeks have passed I'm now experiencing more and more problems which I didn't have before, most notable of these are the very annoying 'Called Failed' messages that repeatedly pop up when I try and call home or my wife at work. Maybe this is unrelated but it definitely seems to have got worse since EE lunched their 4G service, it's beginning to make me think that I have a problem with my phone.
 Problems with EE phone service. - henry k
I have an old Nokia 630I that I assume has been switched to EE but does not show it.
SWMBOs old style Nokia ( but with new innards) now shows EE.

Yesterday I too had problems calling my home landland. Never had that before.

After my recent long experience with them trying to get them to accept there was a problem with their local mast equipment I am not hopeful they will sort it out quickly.
I had to resort to emailing the CEO. After more long conversations .......
The problem went away but I heard no more. Impressive customer follow up ! NOT!
 Problems with EE phone service. - MD
EE is a brand name. Nothing in the guts has changed. Orange/EE customer service is brilliant as a business customer. Been there 12 ish years.
 Problems with EE phone service. - henry k
>>Orange/EE customer service is brilliant as a business customer.
>>
Good for you!! We have been with them for longer as domestic users.
From my research ALL users in my immediate area had NO incoming calls or text for at least a couple of months. The company would not accept my detailed tests.
( The guy at the call centre did no one else would) I had an interesting conversation with the CEOs office and suggested they go away and sort it even if they had never come across the fault.
If we were not in a very very favourable contract we would have jumped ship.
No compensation was offered, no call back from the CEOs office so not what I call brilliant service!!
 Problems with EE phone service. - MD
Good for you too!
 Problems with EE phone service. - spamcan61
EE have spent the last couple of years changing large chunks of the network infrastructure leading up to the 4G switch on, plus re-allocating their use of radio spectrum across the 2G/3G/4G phones they need to support, so i'm not surprised there's a few issues.

In terms of the operator logo display on phones this is still generally stored in the phone's internal memory rather than downloaded to it by the network operator. Two years back when I was working in Stockholm (designing 4G infrastructure) I used two phones on the same network, but they always displayed different network operator names.
Latest Forum Posts