Non-motoring > Has anybody had... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: MD Replies: 9

Has anybody had... - MD
...to have a Citizen watch repaired. It has eco-drive which is basically a cell charged by light I think. Mine is about 3-4 years old I think and was not the cheapest thing on the market and I would like to have it back doing its work. Anyone?
 Has anybody had... - sooty123
Yeah I had one repaired, it wasn't a eco-drive and still under warranty. I rang up and they were good about it. Repair wasn't great as it's starting failing again. Anything specific you wanted to know about?
 Has anybody had... - Armel Coussine
Don't take it to the so-called Citizen agency in Ealing or somewhere that way. My precious clockwork automatic Citizen watch with date and day of week in French or English was definitively screwed up by them when I naively took it there to be cleaned. Carphounds.
 Has anybody had... - Kevin
Have you gone through the "Reset" procedure Martin?
 Has anybody had... - MD
I wasn't aware there was one Kevin. That's news to me.
 Has anybody had... - R.P.
www.ehow.com/how_5003112_restart-citizen-ecodrive-watches.html
 Has anybody had... - Kevin
The reset procedure for non-chrono models usually involves charging the watch, as in Rob's link, and then pulling out the crown for half a minute or so.
Chrono models can be different so best to check the instruction booklet (probably available online if you've misplaced the original).

It's worth a try before sending it away.
 Has anybody had... - -
I have a Citizen Eco Chrono, like it a lot, mainly for its everlasting date feature, dashed clever that...(amazed that my sons Omega Seamaster @ £ridiculous has to be manually adjusted each month under 31 days.)

The original tiny Citizen instruction book with writing even a 16 year old would struggle to read is useless.

Try logging on to Citizens website and look for instruction manuals, list there of all reference numbers which are stamped on the watch back, much easier to read and refer to on screen size.

Has anybody had... - R.P.
Ha Ha, had the same thought with my Seamaster and Citizen watch the other day.
 Has anybody had... - MD
Thanks to all of you. The recharge process starts NOW.

Amazing what a source of info' this site is. Cheers...
Latest Forum Posts