Non-motoring > I have become a fan of Conrad Black. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 13

I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - R.P.
....only because he gave Paxman a bloody nose.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBI35DMHjy4

Watch from 4.22 on.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 23 Nov 12 at 01:12
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Robin O'Reliant
I watched that, very entertaining. There's something about that smug Paxman I just can't stand.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Dutchie
He owned Adam Boulton on sky.Conrad to Adam Boulton what is your name again? treating him like a schoolboy.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Clk Sec
The extended version of HIGNFY was worth watching last week. He's a cool dude.
Last edited by: Clk Sec on Sat 3 Nov 12 at 11:24
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Armel Coussine
It's just front and effrontery. The man's a shameless reactionary as well as a crook. He's pretty despicable.

It was a relief when he left the Telegraph. The present owners are even worse than he was politically, but at least one is no longer exposed to his wife's poisonous articles.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - sooty123
I'd agree with AC seems a bit of a unpleasent type of man. I wouldn't say he gave JP a seeing off, he just seemed to want to rant on some sort of crusade about the US legal system. Difficult to interview, but not in a tricky clever way, more in a dull I shout a lot sort of a way.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - R.P.
Don't get me wrong - He is no doubt a crook despite his protestations - but I do rather like it when Paxman comes a cropper. Andrew Boulton is a lightweight and Mr Black was probably right in his assessment of him.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - sooty123
I can't say I saw him come a cropper, CB just ranted on, to me anyway.
Last edited by: sooty123 on Sat 3 Nov 12 at 13:53
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Mike Hannon
>>It's just front and effrontery. The man's a shameless reactionary as well as a crook. He's pretty despicable.

It was a relief when he left the Telegraph. The present owners are even worse than he was politically, but at least one is no longer exposed to his wife's poisonous articles.<<

+1
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - Manatee
I think CB out-smugs Paxo. CB is a very smug man with little to be smug about. Creepy and unpleasant.

I'd rather spend a night in the pub with Paxo anyway.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - No FM2R
>>only because he gave Paxman a bloody nose.

How's that then? Is that like one of the fights I used to win as a kid by repeatedly smashing my nose against the other guy's fist?

Paxman called him a criminal to his face, repeatedly. Whilst I do not like Paxman, his style, or his questions, there's no way he was beaten down by Black.

Black, on the other hand, was shown to be almost out of control, easy to shift from his smug "rich boss" mentality and really easy to push towards a threat of violence.

In fact, if one considers the type of interviewer that Paxman is, its difficult to work out which of Paxman's boxes didn't get ticked.

Let us not forget, Paxman is only "Jeremy Kyle for the Employed". He's not actually what one might consider a "real" interviewer.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 23 Nov 12 at 01:12

>> Let us not forget, Paxman is only "Jeremy Kyle for the Employed". He's not actually what one might consider a "real" interviewer.

Ignorant piffle.
 I have become a fan of Conrad Black. - No FM2R
Pompous fool.
>> Pompous fool.

Quite, pompous as well as ignorant. 'Let us not forget...'

Pathetic.
Latest Forum Posts