Non-motoring > Daily Telegraph - pay per view Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dave Replies: 10

Daily Telegraph - pay per view - Dave
I browse their website every so often, but today is the first time I have seen the payment screen, as it seems I've reached my limit of 20 articles this month.

Are they all charging these days, and does anyone actually pay?
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - sooty123
It looks like they all are going to payments yes. I don't pay no i can't see it being worth it I've not bought a paper in years. I've not found one worth paying for.
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - John H
It is free in the UK.

p.s. changing your name to "Dave in Sweden" would some of us with shorter memories.
Last edited by: John H on Mon 12 Nov 12 at 12:09
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - sooty123
>> It is free in the UK.

Opps I thought it had gone like the Times.
>>
>> p.s. changing your name to "Dave in Sweden" would some of us with shorter memories.
>>
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - VxFan
Some content removed. If you wish to discuss ways of downloading stuff illegally, then please do so via email to one another and not through C4P.

Thanks
Vx.
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 12 Nov 12 at 19:54
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - rtj70
I used to read the Times online when it was free... then I switched to the Telegraph. Not sure which I'd read if we had to pay for the Telegraph online in the UK...
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - R.P.
It's the only way that newspapers will survive, in all seriousness unless they're funded by ever dwindling advertising revenue they'll fold....so to speak.
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - Zero
few people are going to pay for on-line newspapers when there is plenty of other news sources free. I certainly wont.
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - Robin O'Reliant
I work in a local store for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday mornings. Newspaper sales have gone through the floor in the last decade, to the extent that home deliveries are fast heading towards being no longer viable. Daily papers are now largely the preserve of the middle aged +, it is very rare that anyone under thirty buys one.

I can see a time when the few newspapers that are left will be just weekly comment and reviews, hard news being the preserve of TV and the internet.
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - rtj70
>> I can see a time when the few newspapers that are left will be just weekly comment and
>> reviews, hard news being the preserve of TV and the internet.

By the time the papers are printed the new is old and already on TV and certainly on the Internet. So they have to adapt or fail.

I remember the first Gulf War and watching coverage on TV. Fast forward to Sept 11th and coverage on TV and online gave a lot more info in near realtime. And then Afghanistan bombing and invasion... and Iraq. And since then in more recent times we've had the uprisings in north Africa.

If the price was right I might subscribe to an electronic edition of a paper... but that's a bit like the overpricing of ebooks. Maybe someone new should take over a decent paper, stop the costs of publishing on paper and do it electronically. Taking over a failing business won't work but I wonder what the costs of the publishing and distribution is as a percentage.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Mon 12 Nov 12 at 23:11
 Daily Telegraph - pay per view - Dave
Ah, I didn't realise it was only for overseas readers. Makes no difference, I won't be paying.

Ha, I only take a look to have something to speak to my dad about in our weekly phone conversations. Other than that I don't give a damn what's going on in the world. It's not like I can do much about an earthquake in China, or a war in mongolia, so I don't bother to even find out what's happening, even less get myself worked up about it.

It's an attitude I've adopted since moving here, and it certainly makes for a less stressful life.
Latest Forum Posts