Non-motoring > Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: smokie Replies: 22

Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - smokie
So I understand that the Stone concert tonight, which sold out within minutes of tickets going on sale, will be reasonably empty, as the already-expensive tickets were snapped up mainly by touts looking to make a fast buck, but people just aren't prepared to pay the kind of money they were asking.

The Stones play the O2 again on Thursday and I really would like to go. What's the best tactic to get a cheap ticket? (Well, the cheapest was £106, which I'd be prepared to pay - not a lot more though). Bear in mind I work just around the corner so could go and hang around outside till the last minute and see who's selling- is that risky?

Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - No FM2R
Ticketmaster.

You just have to work out if you're happy to pay the price.
Sold out...
wait a bit, they won't be.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Dave_
I'm in a similar situation with One Direction playing at Nottingham in March (not me personally, you understand...)

All the £35 tickets went within half an hour in September and are now appearing on the bay for £200 a pair.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Ted

No need to pay to see the Stones.........aren't they in the Wonga adverts ?

Ted
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - legacylad
saw them in an Imax film in Bradford years ago. That was good enough for me. OK for a fiver and a cheap midnight curry.
I reckon they are still good live but £££ phew...
Ticketmaster has them now, as do Viagogo and Getmein.

Although the cheapest is £270
That's not cheap enough for me. I'm not obsessed about going and would be OK with the £106 tickets - although I saw Roger Waters in the "cheap" seats at the O2 and we were miles away.

I've seen the Stones a few times but the best had to be the Brixton Academy in '95 - it was one of the small warm up gigs announced at short notice and I happened to be able to go and queue at ?HMV shop at the required time. Awesome, as the Academy is a small venue and there were about 3000 people or thereabouts just milling around and you were able to easily get up real close.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Zero
I saw them years ago on the Voodoo lounge tour at Wembley, they were better value and and still good then. Wouldn't pay over 50 quid to see a bunch of geriatrics, specially not for the high up suicide seats at the O2, fearing you will plunge to your death.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Mike Hannon
I wouldn't pay 50p. I saw a pic of them in the DT this morning. For goodness sake get back to the armchair beside the fire!
Last week I came across a piece in a parish magazine by a late-middle-aged vicar in west Devon boasting about his excitement at going to the 'Stones' concert. How pathetic can people be?
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Focusless
Saw 'Rolling Stones at the BBC' on TV over the weekend - I'd forgotten what a great singer/front man Mick was. Don't know whether he still is, but I wouldn't pay £100+ to find out.

Not a Stones fan as such, but I do love some of their golden oldies - All over now, The last time, Jumpin' Jack flash, Brown sugar.
>>How pathetic can people be?

Because of his age, his job, where he lives, or because he's excited to go and see a band that he likes?
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Focusless
Last night's gig gets a 5* review in the DT: tinyurl.com/bwksmmm

"When looking for the secret of the stones, it is perhaps that they actually listen to each other while they play, and almost lose themselves in it, while their brilliant frontman keeps it all together. Encores included a gospelly You Can't Always Get What You Want. Well, maybe sometimes, for the right ticket price, you actually can."
Last edited by: Focusless on Mon 26 Nov 12 at 13:11
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Armel Coussine
I wouldn't blame anyone for wanting to see the Stones even now, surely some way past their best. Even the curmudgeonly skinflint and performing genius Chuck Berry is a long way past his. The point about the Stones is that they swing and have some good songs. Would that most rock bands could say the same.

I saw them live twice, once before anyone had heard of them, once at the peak of their fame, in Hyde Park. Neither gig was up to much. But there are plenty of recordings, films and videos that show what they can do. They are pretty well unparallelled.

I hate the lead singer's jaunty tweed hat in today's pix. But then I am a 90% hat-hater.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - CGNorwich
"How pathetic can people be?"

Oh much, much more. Some people have lost their passion and enthusiasm for nearly everything and have turned into grumpy old men.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Manatee
The Rolling Stones have a marvellous back catalogue, I'd love to see and hear them perform live. It won't happen for me because stadium/arena gigs don't appeal and it would cost too much.

But I can well understand you wanting to go. A very good band. Jazz, blues, pop, and they swing. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Live music beats recorded almost always. Went to a village hall bash last weekend featuring a Leeds-based pub band. Great fun.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Dog
>>Live music beats recorded almost always<<

Agreed - this was live, once, and I enjoyed it immensely over the weekend, more-than I would The Stones, too!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thwwd3S9rmA&feature=related
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Mike Hannon
>>Oh much, much more. Some people have lost their passion and enthusiasm for nearly everything and have turned into grumpy old men.<<

Yup, that sums me up. I did go to Alan Price gigs right up until I left the UK though.

ps: how can my login time out after about two minutes? Never seen that message before.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - Pat
It's to screen out the grumpy old men from the forum.

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Mon 26 Nov 12 at 17:03
>> It's to screen out the grumpy old men from the forum.
>>
>> Pat

Not working tho is it

>> But I can well understand you wanting to go. A very good band. Jazz, blues,
>> pop, and they swing. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing.

Wow you is a real groovy hep cat man.
 Where to get Stones tickets - late and cheap? - CGNorwich
I believe they are a popular beat combo, m'lud.
Latest Forum Posts