Non-motoring > Card skimming - easy as this Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 10

Card skimming - easy as this - Focusless
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-20505489

The skimming hardware looks quite innocuous. I like "Earlier in the day customers had reporting something odd about the equipment as they withdrew their cash". Odd, but nothing to worry about :)
 Card skimming - easy as this - Manatee
That is seriously impressive. Doesn't look like a one-off gadget does it?

Card skimming - easy as this - Zero
Its not new, its not impressive, and its not a one off gadget. I could have one in the post to you tomorrow. You would need a team of people to use them, and a team, of people to then use the cards.

My card cant be cloned, (in that way) The strip is knackered.
 Card skimming - easy as this - Manatee
I meant the cosmetics. The technology is easy and cheap.

As you imply I think they just read the mag stripe, not the chip. And the camera gets the PIN.

Good idea to cover your hand with your other one when you press the buttons.
>> I meant the cosmetics. The technology is easy and cheap.

Have to say thats one of the better looking ones, but its still obvious in use if you look for them.
 Card skimming - easy as this - -
What will impress me is if he gets many years hard labour with no parole and then deported, but preferably the other way round, but as usual won't be holding me breath.

Must admit i always shield my hand when punching a PIN in.

Not always easy to examine the fascia when its dark, i always give a cursory inspection but reckon this would have fooled me, expected a bigger cover plate than that.
 Card skimming - easy as this - Boxsterboy
The bank nearest work is in an industrial area, and they have so many attempts on their ATM after hours that I have been advised by the bank not to use it!
 Card skimming - easy as this - bathtub tom
>>My card cant be cloned, (in that way) The strip is knackered.

Could that be a way of adding extra security, wiping the card over a speaker magnet perhaps? Would a card wiped in that way create any problems?
Not caused me any issues. I did it by accident, but its been used for 18months like that now.
 Card skimming - easy as this - Bromptonaut
>> Not caused me any issues. I did it by accident, but its been used for
>> 18months like that now.

Generally, at least within UK, it won't cause a problem.

Only retail place I've been recently not using C&P is the on site supermarket at Center Parks Sherwood.
 Card skimming - easy as this - BobbyG
I always remove the 3 digit security number on the back of my card as soon as I get it (and have memerised it).

Kind of consoles me that if I lose the card then it may prevent it being used in online fraud, mind you probably won't.

Have noticed some newer ATMS now have a green "sticky out curved" thing that you need to put the card in rather than the traditional flat slot.

First time I saw it I thought it was a rather poor skimming device!!
Latest Forum Posts