Non-motoring > The Royals in Cambridge Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Crankcase Replies: 28

The Royals in Cambridge - Crankcase
Oh, if only Alanović were here. From the "live blog" the local paper is running, as two Royals are in town. I do love a bit of hyperbole.

10.45am - They're on the balcony! Crowds going wild!

10.41am - Children from Park Street school in Market Square say they cannot wait - they're literally jumping for joy!

The Royals in Cambridge - Alanovich
How sad. Poor Cambridge. It has done nothing to deserve this humiliation.
 The Royals in Cambridge - Manatee
Terrible. We don't want people being happy and enjoying themselves do we?
 The Royals in Cambridge - FocalPoint
It must nearly be Christmas...
 The Royals in Cambridge - Fenlander
Never noticed that visit was planned or I'd have popped down to see the lovely Kate in real life.
 The Royals in Cambridge - Crankcase
Keeping well clear me. I was planning on nipping to Mark's at lunchtime, as it's five minutes walk, but as ever, they seem to be MUCH more important. Huh.
 The Royals in Cambridge - Alanovich
>> Terrible. We don't want people being happy and enjoying themselves do we?
>>

Perish the thought. Obviously.
 The Royals in Cambridge - Duncan
I thought he was supposed to be flying helicopters in Wales?

Who is doing his turn of duty? I would love to see the shift roster for that particular set of Brylcreem Boys!
 The Royals in Cambridge - Roger.
The Duchess's new hair do is very "Dallas"!
 The Royals in Cambridge - Armel Coussine
Yup. Posh birds these days try to dress like pole dancers or tarts. Las Vegas rather than Dallas.
 The Royals in Cambridge - Runfer D'Hills
>>Posh birds these days try to dress like pole dancers...

Yippee !!!! Beats tweed and Barbours any day !

:-)
 The Royals in Cambridge - R.P.
He is Dutchie - from what I've read/heard somewhere there are rumblings of discontent amongst his colleagues, read it in the press somewhere. May have mentioned it here we bumped into "her" on a walk in Newborough woods one Sunday a couple of months ago. She was driving a Rangie closely followed by a second identical one in an "off piste" area (closed to private vehicles).
>> He is Dutchie -

Shome mishtake shorely?
 The Royals in Cambridge - Stuu
The only thing I want to know is, has Kate got her top on today?

Actually, joking aside, I quite like these two, I suspect that if by the time William comes to the throne we still have a monarchy, they will do a good job.
 The Royals in Cambridge - rtj70
I agree Stuart. And when I saw them on that balcony earlier I too commented her about having her cloths on. Leave that to Prince Harry. :-)
 The Royals in Cambridge - Dutchie
Nice one Duncan.(Klootzak) >(
>> Nice one Duncan.(Klootzak) >(
>>

Rather uncalled for, Dutchie, I think!

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=klootzak

I was suggesting that R.P. had mistaken my post for one of yours.

No need for the offensive language. I have not given you a scowly face because I don't believe in them.
You're quite right Duncan - in both respects !
 The Royals in Cambridge - Pat
Duncan, I think Dutchie was referring the term to himself for making the mistake.....

Pat
Sorry - Pat voice of reason as ever I was wrong ! Sorry Dutchie and Duncan !
 Primark opens in Peterborough - bathtub tom
tinyurl.com/c9ctp9t

Humph missed a trick there, if they'd opened a day earlier they could've got a couple of minor celebrities.
 Primark opens in Peterborough - Zero
>> tinyurl.com/c9ctp9t

The long wait was finally over for hundreds of shoppers who queued up from as early as 6am for the opening of Primark.

The new 39,300 sq ft retail store in Queensgate opened at 9am today (Thursday) to the delight of a flood of bargain hunters who eagerly poured through the front gate.

Shoppers had been counting down the days for nearly two years for the arrival of the store,

At the front of the queue of 4-500 were three expectant mums, who had begun queuing three hours earlier.

Only in Peterborough. (as Corby has had one for a while now)
 Primark opens in Peterborough - Pat
We spent the day in Cambridge yesterday and thought all the crowds and flag waving was just for us.....Addenbrookes was very quiet though so it's an ill wind:)

>>(as Corby has had one for a while now) <<

What a dump it is too, a friend asked me to take her there and I can honestly say I will never ever set foot in a Primark again, it's internet shopping for me.

Pat

Primark opens in Peterborough - Runfer D'Hills
General note to all...

Don't even think about it !

:-)
Well you've certainly gone down in my estimation Humph, I had you down as Harvey Nicks at the very least.

Pat
 Primark opens in Peterborough - No FM2R
>>, I had you down as Harvey Nicks at the very least.

Be fair, when Woolworth's went he had to take the first opportunity going and someone else beat him to Matalan.
 Primark opens in Peterborough - Armel Coussine
Be fair Pat. Primark was a premium outlet at one time. It may just be coincidence that it has sunk into subprime territory since Humph joined senior management. Market forces no doubt.
Yes AC, and Corby is a great leveller for anyone so I hate to think how Humph feels when he visits his minions!

Pat
Last edited by: pda on Thu 29 Nov 12 at 17:16
 Primark opens in Peterborough - Runfer D'Hills
Grrrrrrr, Leave it now !
Latest Forum Posts