Non-motoring > Home infomation packs. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 13

Home infomation packs. - Dog
A comment from an article on HIP's in today's Telegraph ~

>>I spent over £5000 to train for this government-promoted scam. I’m not quite sure whom I should sue"…? <<

"Haha, brilliant. You spent £5,000 because you knew you’d be able to charge the poor home-owner £250 for 20 minutes work. I’m really pleased b***** sucking leeches like you are going to have to go and find real jobs"

:)
 Home infomation packs. - Fenlander
I didn't know what the news was until I checked it out...

>>> joint policy statement: “The parties agree to implement a full programme of measures to fulfil our ambitions for a low carbon and eco-friendly economy, including retention of energy performance certificates while scrapping HIPs.”

Excellent news.

We had to pay for one a couple of years ago and no prospective buyer had any interest in looking at it.
 Home infomation packs. - Hard Cheese
>>while scrapping HIPs.”
>>

So they wont be going for a HIP replacement then ;-)

Home infomation packs. - henry k
From what I read they are not totally dead.
The energy use assesment bit stays cos guess what it is a EU requirement :-(
 Home infomation packs. - Fenlander
Yes but at least that's just one sheet. The HIP ran to a thick file of paper. They're saying the energy bit might cost £60 on its own. Still too much... some sort of online form/calculator filled in by the seller/agent in the course of drawing up particulars would be enough.
 Home infomation packs. - borasport
So what other pointless regulations should we get repealed then ?

The faff you have to go through to get replacement numberplates legitimately whilst the illegitimate walk straight round the system comes to mind for starters.

Home infomation packs. - Bromptonaut
>> The faff you have to go through to get replacement numberplates legitimately whilst the illegitimate
>> walk straight round the system comes to mind for starters.

Better to make sure the routes used to 'walk round the system' are blocked off, perhaps by mandating an approval hologram or chip on plates.
 Home infomation packs. - ....
>> Better to make sure the routes used to 'walk round the system' are blocked off,
>> perhaps by mandating an approval hologram or chip on plates.
>>

Why not make road legal number plates only available from DVLA regional offices ?
One size, one font, one source. No dodgy fonts or spacing issues.
You want show plates, you can get them from other sources but road legal plates are controlled.
Last edited by: gmac on Fri 14 May 10 at 13:04
 Home infomation packs. - Dog
1000 apologies effendi's, I should ave included this earlier ~
blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance/ianmcowie/100005668/hip-hip-goodbye/
 Home infomation packs. - FotheringtonTomas
HIPs might've beenuseful to some, but were too costly, and tended to be simple statements of the bleedin' obvious.
 Home infomation packs. - Bazzabear
Amongst other daftness, the HIP report on my friends single-walled 1820's house when he sold it was that it "might not have cavity wall insulation."
 Home infomation packs. - Tooslow
I don't know about HIPs but about 20 years ago my sister and I each bought a house. We compared the surveys. Written by two different surveyors on two different houses in two different parts of the country and the sentences used were practically identical, I'd guess lifted from "The Surveyors Guide to Backside Covering"

JH
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 28 May 10 at 11:57
 Home infomation packs. - R.P.
It's all cut and paste. I could tell you a tale or three hundred.
 Home infomation packs. - Armel Coussine
Thirty years ago or more I made some structural alterations to our part of a large house that has just been sold (sob, curse). The borough surveyor made himself (or a senior minion) available for detailed free advice before the work and an inspection during it. The experience was entirely agreeable and cost-free.

I think we had to get a HIP to sell the place, but we didn't really notice either the process or the cost, a drop in the ocean.
Latest Forum Posts