Non-motoring > Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 12

Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Zero
And not before time, he was responsible for a million iffy curries in iffy curry houses ruined by that twinging twanging annoying ruddy background music. I could have cheerfully done for him myself. I blame John Lennon.

Now we can hope the bloke who invented the flock wallpaper got his - painfully.
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Dog
I'll stick this album on this thread, if you don't mind, I don't recommend anyone actually listens to it though,
unless you're on your 3rd spliff.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UllxxMkG7uI
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - devonite
Good Grief!! - I couldn't`t resist pushing "play", and our new Mog leapt off the sofa and bolted through the also new Cat-flap, something that the "Hostess" has failed to train it to do since we got it!
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Manatee
Those who don't fully appreciate the subtleties of the sitar might like the music of his daughter, Norah Jones (no sitar).
>>Good Grief!! - I couldn't`t resist pushing "play"<<

Trouble with your cat ike - is that it doesn't appreciate fine music!

:+)
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Ambo
Wonderful music. I once attended a private performance of his, hosted by an Indian community, and it was one of the best musical evenings of my life. I thought it was demeaning of him to associate himself later with Western pop.
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Roger.
Caterwauling, eh?
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - devonite
Thank-you Dog! - it hasn`t come home yet! - I`ve now been ordered to "keep an eye out" when I go to feed the chucks later! ......or else!
Oh! - you were being serious then ike, perhaps you'd better give this a go then:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdDla0QW844
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Focusless
..and the human version: www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnD1JtSALCA
S'nice ... available on Lovefilm too (1956) goo.gl/BAV3h
 Ravi Shankar - Brown Bread. - Armel Coussine
I wasn't a big fan. I preferred bluesy rock and roll, or the Beatles' rock folk music. I thought the amalgam of that and classical Indian music a bit clashing. And I thought the Beatles' passage through Hindu enlightenment, beads, robes, all that, was mawkish and in bad taste (like a lot of things in the sixties). Shankar seemed to think much the same.

Ravi Shankar was a real heavyweight though. The clip posted above in Perro's first post starts very well actually. Must listen to the rest of it when I have 24 minutes to spare.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Thu 13 Dec 12 at 13:26
I saw Wonderwall at the CineCentre at Leicester Sq. in 1969 Sire.

I was on coke (Cola!) as I wanted to make a good impression on the byrd I was with.

:-))
Latest Forum Posts