Non-motoring > Eye test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: helicopter Replies: 35

Eye test - helicopter
Interesting eye test - Read it once ,count every "F" in the following text and let me know how many ........ be honest

FINISHED FILES ARE THE RE
SULT OF YEARS OF SCIENTI
FIC STUDY COMBINED WITH
THE EXPERIENCE OF YEARS...

I will post the answer later....
 Eye test - devonite
Six!
 Eye test - Zero
what text?
 Eye test - No FM2R
 Eye test - Zero
 Eye test - Dog
Interesting ... I cee'd 3 at first, but I now see ike's 3 too.
 Eye test - helicopter
It is interesting that the vast majority of people on a first reading get it wrong.

I will leave it a while longer - I thought it was four .....
 Eye test - Crankcase
I can't see anything other than the obvious six. What am I missing? I'll find out in due course I guess.
 Eye test - R.P.
Six is the answer and there's a reason why one would miss the others !
 Eye test - Ted

12.......it's my dubble vision.

Ted
 Eye test - helicopter
Six is indeed the answer but most people only get three.

On a first reading most peoples brains seems generally unable to process the word 'OF' .

I had to read it several times , even going through it one letter at a time and still had a problem....
 Eye test - Dog
>>I had to read it several times , even going through it one letter at a time and still had a problem<<

Yeah, same here m8 ... just as well we're not helicopter pilots or something!

:-D
 Eye test - No FM2R
>>I had to read it several times , even going through it one letter at a time and still had a problem....

I thought I had done the same. I even did it again bit by bit being absolutely sure that I was missing something.

I still didn't spot them.

Doh!
 Eye test - CGNorwich
Isn't it just the way the brain works. When we read I think we basically ignore grammatical things like prepositions and just pick up on the nouns verbs and adjective. We also see the shape of the word rather than its spelling. The "ofs" therefore simply don't register
 Eye test - madf
SO the brain believes in "F Off"....
 Eye test - Pat
I'll refrain from this one, I use this to see if my class is paying attention, and usually they're not;)

Pat
 Eye test - Focusless
Do you do the basketball one?
 Eye test - Pat
No...but I need a new one for January:)

I haven't heard of that one.

Pat
 Eye test - Focusless
www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJG698U2Mvo

Usually very effective for those that haven't seen it before (not sure it works on a small screen). Mrs F was amazed when she watched the replay.
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 13 Dec 12 at 17:48
 Eye test - Armel Coussine
Six is right. But the first time I counted I got four, the second time five, then four again. I must say I am surprised as I have a pretty eagle eye for text.

I will try it on herself whose eye is even more eagle than mine for typos and so on.
 Eye test - Pat
I like that, thanks Focusless.

I will use it when I train 'in house' but at a customers premises I can't always get broadband access and it would take too long on the dongle!

Pat
 Eye test - Focusless
It's possible to download videos from youtube - can someone recommend the best tool?
Last edited by: Focusless on Thu 13 Dec 12 at 18:06
 Eye test - Pat
I've been wondering if I could do that.

VOSA now put out all their advice on YouTube as opposed to free DVD's as they used to.

Pat
 Eye test - Bromptonaut
>> VOSA now put out all their advice on YouTube as opposed to free DVD's as
>> they used to.
>>
>> Pat

Lots of gov departments do the same. They also have twitter feeds.

Trouble is, the front line/back office staff are barred from access to YT or twitter. So if you want to discuss an issue with the advice proffered by these routes you're jiggered.

Caught me today 'cos I wanted to view some content on the Parliamentary Ombudsman's website.
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 13 Dec 12 at 21:52
 Eye test - Dave_
>> It's possible to download videos from youtube - can someone recommend the best tool?

www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-YouTube-Download.htm

I don't have a need to download videos myself, but I've used this company's youtube-to-mp3 downloader every week for several years now, and their CD-to-mp3 software too.

I can vouch for the fact that their programs are very user-friendly and absolutely above board. They do exactly what they say on the tin.

Be awake when you first download and install the software - it pops up with a few pre-ticked boxes for installing extra search bars and the like. I always untick them but I don't mind - it's good, free software and they have to make their money somewhere. Like this site's adverts really.

Also bear in mind that Youtube are continually updating/improving their site software which usually foxes downloader programs such as these. Dvdvideosoft are very prompt at releasing software patches to keep up with the youtube site upgrades, so if the downloader doesn't work today it will most likely work by tomorrow.

EDIT: And I completely missed the 3 Fs in the "of"s as well!
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Thu 13 Dec 12 at 18:25
 Eye test - VxFan
I also found 6, but I cheated and copied it into word and then did a search for the letter F ;)
 Eye test - Clk Sec
3, then 5, then 6.
 Eye test - Skip
>> 3, then 5, then 6.
>>

+ 1
 Eye test - Clk Sec
SCOWLY FACE FOR DAVE - THAT'S A BIT HARSH.

Only 2 F's in that.
 Eye test - WillDeBeest
Only three for me at first. CGN has it right: we read words, not letters, and resort to the building blocks only when we encounter something we don't recognize. If the text had been in, say, Finnish, and we'd been invited to count Ks (not that you'd ever find four lines of Finnish with only six Ks) I suspect we'd have found them first time.

Or, to put it another way, calling it an eye test is a bit misleading.
};---)
 Eye test - Runfer D'Hills
6 every time, clear as day. Blimey, no wonder some of you lot can manage to put petrol in diesel cars !

:-)
 Eye test - henry k
www.snopes.com/language/apocryph/cambridge.asp
 Eye test - WillDeBeest
Do you read by pointing and moving your lips, Humph?
};---)
 Eye test - MD
Did you say be honest? 6. Ok Ok. 3 then 3. Darn.
 Eye test - Pat
Thanks Dave, I'll have a go at that.

Pat
 Eye test - helicopter
Well on the basketball test at least I can say truthfully that I spotted the gorilla first time of viewing ......

Latest Forum Posts