Non-motoring > Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 15

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - legacylad
I quite enjoy the JR books to pass the time in airports, but I thought he was well over 6' tall and pretty rough around the edges.
Casting Tom Cruise has shattered that perception.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - -
Glad its not just me then, couldn't be further from the JR of the novels.

Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Zero
Sorry, TC as an all action hero doesn't cut it in most of his films.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Roger.
Cruise cannot act.
He is rather like John Wayne in that he has a limited range of expressions and mannerisms, so he ends up playing himself.
I have read all of the Jack Reacher books and employing Cruise as Reacher is the greatest display of miscasting ever.
It is just relying on Cruise's historical box-office appeal, which I think is diminishing rapidly!
"Top Gun" was his high point and that was a long time ago.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Focusless
I liked 'Jerry Maguire'
www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&hl=en-GB&v=OaiSHcHM0PA
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - CGNorwich
"Cruise cannot act. "

It's finding the right film

He would be good cast as an ageing film star who cannot relate to women caught up in a weird cult that believes it s members are re-incarnated aliens from another planet
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - swiss tony
>> He would be good cast as an ageing film star who cannot relate to women
>> caught up in a weird cult that believes it s members are re-incarnated aliens from
>> another planet
>>

Now, that's a plain stupid storyline... who in their right mind would believe such rubbish??

;-)
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Armel Coussine
Knight and Day: Cruise playing a murdering CIA psychopath gets entangled with innocent traveller Cameron Diaz. Fast-moving, light touch, absolutely huge body count...

I thought he did fairly well in that. But then I have a deplorable taste for immoral schlock.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Stuu
The only part Tom Cruise plays well these days is an overrated weirdo.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Focusless
>> Knight and Day:

Film 4 Friday 9pm www.radiotimes.com/film/hqctb/knight-and-day
" a weird cult that believes it s members are re-incarnated aliens from another planet.
Now, that's a plain stupid storyline... who in their right mind would believe such rubbish??
;-)"
There are hundreds of thousands of stupid people who believe in this invented religion.
"You don't get rich writing science fiction. If you want to get rich, you start a religion."
Attributed, as a response to a question posed at a lecture, to L.Ron Hubbard, science fiction writer and founder of Scientology.
Thus has it has been throughout the ages, but not many founders of religions have been so frank!
Last edited by: Roger on Sun 16 Dec 12 at 16:11
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Dutchie
I didn't mind him in the samurai movie.Maybe people need or want to believe in something in this insane world ruled by insane men.I believe John Lennon said something along those lines.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - R.P.
His seminal role was in the Archers I reckon.
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - Zero
Actually, he did do a good job in Minority Report, which did have female aliens and was a bit cultish.
He obviously felt at home there!
 Tom Cruise as Jack Reacher? - CGNorwich
"Thus has it has been throughout the ages."

No it hasn't. Most of the founders of the Christian church were killed for their trouble and none died rich. Mohammed died with just seven coins to his name which he left to his wife.

Not everyone is motivated purely by money Roger
Latest Forum Posts