Non-motoring > End of the World Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 27

End of the World - Zero
Damn, Me and missus drunk all the Gin in case it wasted, and now we will have to buy some more.
 End of the World - Armel Coussine
>> all the Gin in case it wasted, and now we will have to buy some more.

So far so good comrade. I've still got plenty of vodka, enough for a snort tomorrow to drown my sorrows if it doesn't happen before midnight.

Or will that be the real midnight? What with the Pope saying there's no Father Christmas and the date is wrong I'm a little confused. Is it wrong by an exact multiple of 24 hours, or might the apocalypse occur at 4 am tomorrow like a police raid on dangerous but self-indulgent gangsters?

No doubt we will find out in the hours to come.
 End of the World - Manatee
Ha ha, just had a litre of Bombay Sapphire delivered, by Ocado along with the festive comestibles - reduced from £27 to £18.

Might have one tonight as the boss is deserting me for yet another outing with the ladies who lunch, dine and otherwise generally neglect their husbands!
Last edited by: Manatee on Fri 21 Dec 12 at 18:46
 End of the World - Old Navy
>> Ha ha, just had a litre of Bombay Sapphire delivered, by Ocado along with the
>> festive comestibles - reduced from £27 to £18.
>>
>> Might have one tonight as the boss is deserting me for yet another outing with
>> the ladies who lunch, dine and otherwise generally neglect their husbands!
>>

I showed your post to my boss, her comment was "Good to know I am not alone". I must be formally neglected. :-)
Last edited by: Old Navy on Fri 21 Dec 12 at 18:54
 End of the World - bathtub tom
Thought I'd wait 'til after lunch to share this, just in case

tinyurl.com/crslo8b
 End of the World - Robin O'Reliant
I gave all my worldly goods away yesterday :-(
 End of the World - Runfer D'Hills
What, as in married someone?

Blimey

I do though admit to having done that twice. There are elements of it that are sort of ok though I suppose.
 End of the World - Dog
"We dont need meteors or earthquakes, we have Cameron, Milliband and the bankers.
The end of the world is nigh".

From Rik the Athiest , London, United Kingdom, DiM reader.

End of the World - Stuu
The End of the World can now be re-christened 'Gullible Fools Day'.
>> The End of the World can now be re-christened 'Gullible Fools Day'.

That's a bit harsh Stu. Perhaps they were right, and there has been a minor glitch in the execution of the divine plan.

Don't worry, come 4 am or so Destiny could easily be thundering on everyone's door and shouting incoherently. Where Destiny is concerned there are no problems with cuts in security funding. Home Office beancounters won't get a look in. They are to be barbecued with the rest of us.

Or so one can't help hoping.
 End of the World - Stuu
>>That's a bit harsh Stu. Perhaps they were right, and there has been a minor glitch in the execution of the divine plan <<

I get a bit fed up with people who arent happy unless there is a disaster on the horizon. If people would stop waiting for bad things to happen all the time, they might find the time to see the positives in life and enjoy them. The phrase Get a Life was made for such people.

My grandfather said to me that if you didnt have the time to stop and admire the beauty of a wildflower, you werent really alive. I do try to live by that and I do look at wild flowers, wonderful what nature creates really.
 End of the World - Zero
>> >>That's a bit harsh Stu. Perhaps they were right, and there has been a minor
>> glitch in the execution of the divine plan <<
>>
>> I get a bit fed up with people who arent happy unless there is a
>> disaster on the horizon. If people would stop waiting for bad things to happen all
>> the time, they might find the time to see the positives in life and enjoy
>> them. The phrase Get a Life was made for such people.

Good lord, have you been forcibly ejected from the "we are all going to hell in a hand cart club" then? When did that happen?
 End of the World - Stuu
>>Good lord, have you been forcibly ejected from the "we are all going to hell in a hand cart club" then? When did that happen?<<

It occurred to me you might be on it, reason enough to get out :-)
 End of the World - Zero
It occurred to you wrongly then.
 End of the World - Stuu
>>It occurred to you wrongly then. <<

With someone so miserable it was too risky to leave it to chance :-)
 End of the World - Meldrew
The End of the World will come sometime - they just got the date wrong, The name is unchanged!
 End of the World - R.P.
I found a bottle of salad cream at the back of the fridge today - the label said "Use by 21.12.2012" Do you think it was actually Mayan-aise....?
 End of the World - Zero
Its as past its sell by date as that joke!
 End of the World - Ambo
I'm a bit disappointed with the outcome as I had just received a large tax demand and shall now have to pay it. (Why do HMRC do this? Sending before Christmas causes premature indigestion and dampens down expenditure, just when the economy needs spending just now, and the tax would still remain for later.)
There's still a glimmer of hope. The Mayan calendar may have been badly matched to ours, so the apocalypse could still occur tomorrow, the comic says.

However the 6m modern Mayans, whose opinion must surely count for something, don't think that the end is nigh. So don't get your hopes up.
 End of the World - Cliff Pope
Mat cartoon "Mayan calendars - 50% off"
 End of the World - Manatee
>> (Why do HMRC do this? Sending before
>> Christmas causes premature indigestion and dampens down expenditure, just when the economy needs spending just
>> now, and the tax would still remain for later.)

Good point. Had mine this week reminding me to pay £4,200 before 31st January. I knew anyway but it was a timely reminder not to get too carried away with Christmas spending.
 End of the World - Dog
rt.com/news/maya-apocalypse-re-scheduled-616/

:-(
 End of the World - rtj70
So some think it was yesterday then ;-)
 End of the World - Dog
The End is Nigh.

/(*_*)
 End of the World - R.P.
What a load of ignorant codswallop.
 End of the World - henry k
>> What a load of ignorant codswallop.
>>
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-20810686
Have you got your lifeboat ready in which to ride out the end of the world ?

End of the World - Dog
Err, I wouldn't mind getting down with the byrds in pic #6

:}
Latest Forum Posts