Non-motoring > Everything's going wrong Miscellaneous
Thread Author: bathtub tom Replies: 6

Everything's going wrong - bathtub tom
Since I broke the diff on the KIA, it seems like technical stuff's conspiring against me.

Dec. 19. Noticed my PC screen wasn't turning off after a fixed time idle.

Dec. 19. Telephone died. Faulty line card in exchange

Dec. 21. 4:00 am. Woke up to the touch sensitive lamp on the bedside cabinet flashing like a belisha beacon. Unplugged it and tried to dispel thoughts of signals being sent to Mayan UFOs.

Dec. 22. Lavatory cistern float valve stuck open. Fortunately, I got to the stop cock before the inflow overwhelmed the overflow.

Dec. 22. Woken by smoke alarm making a sound like a cicada. It's not detecting smoke and it's not the low battery warning beep.

Dec.22. Great niece asks me to look at her newly purchased Corsa, as the carpet's wet. I find battery unsecured (brand new MOT!) and Googling suggests it's the cabling for the module located next to the loose battery. Unable to do anything as she doesn't know if she's even got the radio code.

Dec. 23. Lavatory seat hinge breaks. May have been linked to me working on the float valve, but I don't see how.

Dec. 23. Found a suitable lavatory seat, online, in nearby 'shed' that meets SWMBO's approval with twenty-odd in stock. Spend half-an-hour roaming 'shed' with assistant before they finally twig they may be in the warehouse. They then try to overcharge me for the smoke alarm. £4.26 each, or two for £9.99 it says on the shelf!

Dec. 23. Great niece calls to say dashboard's flashing like a Christmas tree and it won't start. Dashboard's also wet. It's going back after Christmas.
 Everything's going wrong - Manatee
That's not a good average.
 Everything's going wrong - zookeeper
looks like the mayans are doing you one stitch at a time ..happy new year 'if' you make it tubs
 Everything's going wrong - Robin O'Reliant
Never mind, it could be worse.

You could have been followed down the street by a nutter who started shouting and swearing about Jesus and then threw acid in your face.
 Everything's going wrong - -
The trials and tribulations eh?

You haven't got your family trained up in the car frame yet Tom have you, you tell them which cars they can have, knowing full well that those cars are pretty well bomproof in the first place and any problems are likely to be simply fixed general wear, if they then come sidling up with some eurobox rubbish you didn't pre approve thats doing its usual of falling apart at the seams you just shrug your shoulders...'don't know the first thing about them' and wash yer mitts of the problem.

Wouldn't recommend a Corsa to me worst enema.
 Everything's going wrong - Londoner
>> Wouldn't recommend a Corsa to me worst enema.
>>
Still, it might help you to get to the bottom of the problem! ;-)
 Everything's going wrong - -
boom boom..:-)
Latest Forum Posts