Non-motoring > A Teddy Teaser. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ted Replies: 40

A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

It's me birthday on Saturday so here's a little guessing game to indulge in as a break from sitting glaring at your partner.

Eldest daughter and bloke came today to a family ' do ' here and they went leaving me a box, all wrapped in birthday paper. It can't be opened 'til the day.

So far, so good. This is certainly the biggest pressie I've ever had.
The box is rectangular, 30" X 26" with a depth, front to back of 16". I haven't weighed it but it's a little too heavy for me to lift. I haven't a clue meself.

So, any ideas, rude or not ! I'm elderly, Anglo Sax middle class, hetero. I don't take size 30 steel capped boots so that's out.

Any guesses ? Answer on Saturday. Virtual kiss from SWM for nearest.....two for runner up.

Ted
 A Teddy Teaser. - Armel Coussine
Rattolo had his Panda cubed to save on dimensional costs and posted it to you to see what you can do about the o/s door mirror? Daughter and bloke found it on the doorstep and slid it in?
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Wed 26 Dec 12 at 23:23
 A Teddy Teaser. - Runfer D'Hills
Well Ted, if she's in your will, do please ensure it isn't ticking.

:-)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Zero
Its a buffer from a Fowler 4F.
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

Now that, Z, is what I could do with........it would probably fit the Patriot being built at Llangollen and might even earn me a ride on the first train.

Ted
 A Teddy Teaser. - Zero
>>
>> Now that, Z, is what I could do with........it would probably fit the Patriot being
>> built at Llangollen and might even earn me a ride on the first train.

Think they would be more grateful for your old boiler.
 A Teddy Teaser. - Roger.
O - I was expecting a different sort of teddy. :-(
 A Teddy Teaser. - Roger.
tinyurl.com/6qogkly

A box full of these?
 A Teddy Teaser. - Harleyman
>> Its a buffer from a Fowler 4F.
>>

That's rather unkind. Ted's already admitted to being elderly and you suggest an old buffer as a present? ;-)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Manatee
>> it's a little too heavy for me to lift.

www.ukfitnesssupplies.co.uk/products-Kettlebell-Set-4kg-24kg_KETTLEBELL-SET.htm

to keep you looking ripped.
Last edited by: Manatee on Thu 27 Dec 12 at 09:43
 A Teddy Teaser. - -
Trolley jack.

A Teddy Teaser. - madf
A small illegally imported Galapagos tortoise in hibernation...
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
>>Trolley jack<<

+1

(^_^)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

I hope not, I have three already. Have you ever thought of getting one GB ? I'm sure you'd get plenty of advice on here :-)

Ted
 A Teddy Teaser. - Manatee
Well, gb might as well hang on and make you a low bid for your new one!
 A Teddy Teaser. - -
Hmm blowed if know then, what else could be that heavy in a large cardboard box...more DIY stuff?, has She Who Must got a list of jobs as long your arm?
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

Don't want any more DIY stuff, got most things now and it's largely a thing of the past now.

A lot less work to go to the hole in the wall and hand a good honest workman some cash.
The teddies look good but I'm not sure if they do my size !

Son in law thought it my be a memorial stone for when I need it.

Ted
 A Teddy Teaser. - Cliff Pope
It's a safe, for you to keep your wealth in until it's time for you to pass it on to your daughter.

Stage 2, perhaps next birthday, will be lots of lovely unhealthy food.
 A Teddy Teaser. - madf
>> Hmm blowed if know then, what else could be that heavy in a large cardboard
>> box...more DIY stuff?, has She Who Must got a list of jobs as long your
>> arm?
>>

A severed head?
 A Teddy Teaser. - Fullchat
Lawnmower?
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
A large rock and a length of rope??

^_^
 A Teddy Teaser. - Fenlander
A nice pair of hi-fi speakers perhaps.
 A Teddy Teaser. - Pat
It's an original railway station clock for your garage, lovingly acquired and wrapped to perfection.

Pat
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

Hmmmm....No lawn...no hi-fi. No money for safe.

The rope and rock sound tempting !

Maybe a stuffed pygmy hippo....couldn't eat a whole one, mind you.

Ted
 A Teddy Teaser. - bathtub tom
A new diff for the Jowett?

5 gallons of Plus-Gas?

5 gallons of ATF/acetone mix?
 A Teddy Teaser. - madf
40kg of pure cocaine to feed your habit...
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
Avez vous any idea how much pure cocaine costs these days.

^_^
 A Teddy Teaser. - madf
>> Avez vous any idea how much pure cocaine costs these days.
>>
>> ^_^
>>

Yes: about $100 /gram (that was the price I paid:-)
Last edited by: madf on Fri 28 Dec 12 at 12:05
 A Teddy Teaser. - -
>> >> Avez vous any idea how much pure cocaine costs these days.
''Yes: about $100 /gram''

I should be getting a discount from me dentist then, don't like the hours of after-effects of those cocaine injections (is that like cold turkey?) so put up with the pain for a few moments...she must be flogging my fix on the side, gunna go down there in me peaked cap and demand my cut..:-)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
I actually learnt to play this in the late 60's - how sad is that!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=SutO9tW9k9g
Last edited by: Dog on Fri 28 Dec 12 at 12:30
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted
>> A new diff for the Jowett?

Nice thought, Tubby. Actually the box is big enough for a complete flat four engine......but not heavy enough.

I think I've sussed it now but I haven't had a peek or any clues given. We'll know tomorrow.

My thought........ Two word item...initials CC.

Ted
>>
Bulk load of Carb Cleaner? :)
 A Teddy Teaser. - crocks
Custard Creams?
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
A Jack - in the box.

:-D
It's Saturday and the suspense is killing me :)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

Well, just been allowed to open the box and my guess was right...It's a new computer chair.

Not very exciting but my left bummle will certainly be pleased 'cos the padding on the old one's seat had gone hard plus the recline facility was knacked.

It turned out to be a joint pressie from all the family. I spent an anxious couple of days before my guess hoping against hope that they hadn't got me a pressure washer to replace the one I've just chucked. Tool of the devil IMO.

Also got a number of good beers and, eat your heart out dog poo retrieval enthusiasts, a woolly peaked hat with folding earmuffs and LED lights built in to the edge of the peak !

So, no correct guesses but I'll give the kiss to Z for an imaginative punt......also, a buffer could always be stood on end and double as a stool/coffee table......pucker up babe !

A nice day, somewhat clouded by a phone call this morning to say my last remaining ' previous generation ' relative had died. Me ole mam's brother, Walter , 96, had been alone for a couple of days in the house, made his dinner, sat down and ate half of it before dying in his chair. We made the trip to Cwmbran to see him in November and tale him for a pub lunch so I'm not too upset....a good age and reasonably fit at the end. RIP.

Anyway, a bit of a fun thread so thanks to all.

Ted

A Teddy Teaser. - Zero

>> So, no correct guesses but I'll give the kiss to Z for an imaginative punt......also,
>> a buffer could always be stood on end and double as a stool/coffee table......pucker up
>> babe !

I'm already beginning to regret winning.
I forgot to say, Happy Birthday Ted :)
 A Teddy Teaser. - R.P.
It's ok he's taken his teeth out Ted.
 A Teddy Teaser. - Dog
Yeah, a BIG kiss from me too Teddy-my-love.

Avez vous ass embled said throne yet I does wonder, I bought a commuter chair orf ebay a phew years back,
devils own job to get the blimmin screws n' holes aligned correctly.

Musta managed it though cos I'm sitting on it now n' it's still going strong (ish)
 A Teddy Teaser. - Ted

Yup...the article in question is comforting me poor ole botty ATM.
One screw didn't go in all the way....crap threads and even worse Allen key but a proper set from the garage will force it to cut a new thread tomorrow...it ain't not never coming out again !

Ted
Latest Forum Posts