Non-motoring > The Sunday Times - not impressed. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Badwolf Replies: 13

The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Badwolf
I was somewhat perturbed to see that there are changes to the Sunday Times. The excellent 'Culture' section seems to have been given the old heave-ho and the 'Home' section has now been subsumed into the 'News Review' section, meaning that the pages and pages of adverts for prestige homes, which I could happily spend ages slobbering over, are no more.

I sincerely hope that this is a temporary measure otherwise this loyal subscriber may well be looking for a new read.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - sooty123
meaning that the pages and pages
>> of adverts for prestige homes, which I could happily spend ages slobbering over, are no
>> more.

I occasionly do the same, but just go online, that way you can have a look at ones overseas as well.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Robin O'Reliant
It's because of the Christmas period, they always cut the number of inserts this period. Great for me as I had to put the things together for the paper rounds this morning. The lads were happy too as they were less of a faff to shove through letter boxes.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Clk Sec
Same with the DT yesterday, although the wife was a bit cheesed off as the Review supplement in ours was missing altogether.
>> Same with the DT yesterday, although the wife was a bit cheesed off as the
>> Review supplement in ours was missing altogether.
>>
>>
It's quite common to end up with a mis-matched number of covers and inserts.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Zero

>> I occasionly do the same, but just go online, that way you can have a
>> look at ones overseas as well.

Yeah, been looking at some of the nicer parts of Las Vegas. I could sell up here, buy a nice place there and put $200k in the wells fargo bank to live off.
You'd be well able to afford a nice assault rifle too.
Indeed, nice selection down at K-Mart, pop one in the basket with waffles and eggs.
>> Indeed, nice selection down at K-Mart, pop one in the basket with waffles and eggs.

Apparently they are doing a his and hers desert eagle on a bogoff
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - sooty123
Easy to forget how big a place LV is, one of the biggest growing cities by all accounts. Quite a few rough areas, I remember the briefing first time I got there quite a gang problem. Although I've no doubt there are some nice suburbs.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Duncan
>> Yeah, been looking at some of the nicer parts of Las Vegas. I could sell
>> up here, buy a nice place there and put $200k in the wells fargo bank
>> to live off.

Which do you reckon will come first?

The Americans petition the White House saying "We don't want Zero in the USA".

or

Brits petition The Downing Street website saying "No, we don't want him in the UK. He must go".
either way I'll be round your way with an assault rifle.
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Dave_
>> The excellent 'Culture' section seems to have been given the old heave-ho

It was a two-week edition last week.

>> I sincerely hope that this is a temporary measure

Usual Christmas content reduction. Most of the sections' writers took Christmas off, and a lot of recruitment agents, estate agents, financial brokers, car dealers etc don't expect to get a return from advertising either last week or this. It will be fully padded out again by the second week in January.

It's nice to see Clarkson promoted to the back page of News Review now Winner's Mrs has persuaded Michael he doesn't need the money. I hope JC has an equally long tenure there.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 30 Dec 12 at 20:52
 The Sunday Times - not impressed. - Badwolf
Well, it looks like my long term memory is going down the swannee as well as my short term. Now you've all mentioned it, I do recall the same happening last year.

D'oh!
Latest Forum Posts