Non-motoring > The illness thread Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bigtee Replies: 42

The illness thread - Bigtee
Post all your problems here daily.

Woke up this morning feeling as rough as a bears back side a real bad head ache. Far too much ale consumed last night.!!
 The illness thread - Zero
Got a slight cough from a bad dose of Man flu three weeks back. Might be the peanuts tho, cant tell. And the iffy hip is paying up a wee bit, but then it always does.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 30 Dec 12 at 22:04
Oh and the dogs got some bad Arthritis twinges in her rebuilt front leg, probably caused by the cold Thames water she was paddling in.
 The illness thread - swiss tony
My stomach hasn't been totally behaving over Christmas, I'm sure its nothing to do with the excess food, drink, nuts and chocolate.....
 The illness thread - Robin O'Reliant
I've had a bad cold for 35 years. How I carry on God only knows.
 The illness thread - R.P.
No cold, no vomiting thing (lot of my FB buddies seemed to have succumbed) - feel generally OK and a lot less tired than I've felt for some weeks.
 The illness thread - BobbyG
>>(lot of my FB buddies

ha ha , see you have changed your phraseology !!!
 The illness thread - R.P.
I find it difficult to describe some of them as friends IYKWIM
 The illness thread - Roger.
A stinking cough & cold for a few days now. Copious Lemsip lookalikes & Strepsils going down the little red lane.
did you know, that blackcurrent lemsip is a quid a box cheaper than lemon lemsip?

and that boots type lemsip is even cheaper yet contains more active ingredients per sachet?
 The illness thread - Roger.
I'm using Sainsbury's own label stuff, plus occasional squirts from a throat deadening spray.
Still coughing it up in mother's hand! (Euch, for an old saying)
 The illness thread - Duncan
>> did you know, that blackcurrent lemsip is a quid a box cheaper than lemon lemsip?
>>
>> and that boots type lemsip is even cheaper yet contains more active ingredients per sachet?
>>

And Aldi is cheaper still and Poundland at Staines on Thames is even cheaper than that!
>> And Aldi is cheaper still and Poundland at Staines on Thames is even cheaper than
>> that!

You'll need it. mixing with all the diseased unwashed aldi and poundland crowd....
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 31 Dec 12 at 00:44
 The illness thread - MD
It will only ever be Staines.
Nope, even google earth now says its "staines on thames"

It will still be "get your head kicked in on a friday night" on thames to me.
Last edited by: Zero on Sun 30 Dec 12 at 22:39
 The illness thread - MD
>> Nope, even google earth now says its "staines on thames"
>>
>> It will still be "get your head kicked in on a friday night" on thames
>> to me.
>>
STAINES. End of.....................the w........................
>> And Aldi is cheaper still and Poundland at Staines on Thames is even cheaper than
>> that!
>>

I do apologise, I am so sorry.

It completely slipped my mind.

It is - of course - Staines on Thames in Surrey.

I really am very sorry about that oversight of mine.
 The illness thread - Dog
Even cheaper to make your own:

Lemon juice + paracetamol + phenylephrine hydrochloride + h20.

The illness thread - MD
I know the rest but I'm struggling with the last bit Fido. (0:-:0)
 The illness thread - Ted

I'm a martyr to pain and bad health....slightly broke a nail on my little finger the other night desperately scrabbling to get the wrapping off a box of liqueur chocs. Ambulance took ages to arrive !

Sneezed the other night while on t'interweb. Following morning I noticed a big ' Collyhurst oyster ' making it's way off the monitor onto the desk. ( Too much info ? )

Strangely, my ' Walking angina ' seems to have cleared up. Done a few foot trips around without having to use my GTN spray as per normal.

Ted
 The illness thread - VxFan
Currently got the two bob bits - a side effect of the antibiotics I'm on to clear up a problem with my left leg.
 The illness thread - Armel Coussine
I've been blessed with fairly good digestion. So far so good, but nothing lasts for ever. I've always had slightly high blood pressure and have been taking two pills for it for many years. Take a statin too but sometimes wonder if it's any use.

I do get horrendous cluster headaches, six-hour torture sessions treatable only with pure oxygen or sumatriptan injections. They come every day for three months, at more or less the same time each day, and are quite capable of repeating themselves. The oxygen cylinders and mask make it look as if there's a serious invalid in the house, but the headaches are harmless and allegedly unconnected to any serious condition. They are amazingly disruptive though and often make me seem anti-social. I am coming to the end of two clusters on the trot, six months of huffing and puffing oxygen and begging and swearing at the quacks for more sumatriptan.

I don't take enough exercise, don't eat enough, drink too much and smoke tobacco, not as much as in the past but 12 snouts today so far. Those or one of them may get me in the end. But before that I may have fallen victim to a mental condition, exacerbated by posting here.

The illness thread - Runfer D'Hills
I'm fine thanks.

:-)
 The illness thread - Harleyman
Relevant to this, Hilary Clinton hasa been taken to hospital with a blood clot.

Cannot say I am surprised, she's suffered from marital thrombosis for years.
 The illness thread - Focusless
Was at the surgery at 8 this morning so I could make an appointment to see a doc at 9 - getting through on the phone can be tricky at the best of times, never mind a Monday which is also New Years Eve. Think I've got a stress fracture in my foot...
I always use the local(ish) walk in centres for injuries like that, the doc does not have any x-ray stuff. I always know when I have broken a bone, rather than a sprain, I always get a huge adrenaline rush that makes me feel a little light headed and nauseous.
 The illness thread - Focusless
A few years ago I fell of my bike on some ice cycling to work. My hand was quite painful and went some funny colours, so I rang up NHS Direct who said I'd probably bruised it.

After a couple of weeks it was still looking a bit odd so I went to the doctor, but he also said it was badly bruised.

After a month it still wasn't right so went back to surgery. A different doctor said he didn't think it was broken, but sent me to the hospital for x-rays just to make sure. The x-rays showed a nice clean break in my thumb, which of course by then had stared to heal so they had to rebreak-it (under a general anaesthetic) before they could fix it. The doctor's defense was I must have a high pain threshold :)

Anyway, this time the diagnosis is arthritis, which I wasn't expecting - isn't that something old people get? :(
 The illness thread - madf
The bad news is I have pulled a hamstring - again - and will not run until it heals - about 2-3 months.

The good news is that lack of running means piles hurt less:-)
do you sometimes wonder this thread might have been a terrible mistake?
 The illness thread - FocalPoint
"...the diagnosis is arthritis, which I wasn't expecting - isn't that something old people get?"

We're all old on this forum, apart from Rattle. Get used to it!
 The illness thread - Old Navy
I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to be alive and to have everything working (ish) even if it is with a little help from the medics.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Mon 31 Dec 12 at 11:40
>> I consider myself to be extremely fortunate to be alive and to have everything working
>> (ish) even if it is with a little help from the medics.
>>

You mean you are like a car which is original - but all the working parts have been replaced? :-)
>> You mean you are like a car which is original - but all the working
>> parts have been replaced? :-)

Trigger's broom?
>> You mean you are like a car which is original - but all the working
>> parts have been replaced? :-)
>>

All original parts, just a little internal patching and re plumbing. :-)
 The illness thread - Dog
Any rewiring O/N, or is that still the 1930's stuff?
 The illness thread - Cliff Pope
I've read somewhere that every single cell replaces itself over the course of a year.
If that is true, why does it copy the old worn out cell, rather than taking the opportunity of fitting a shiny new OEM part?
Presumably ON is analogue rather than digital. None of this fancy modern stuff such as pacemakers...
>> Any rewiring O/N,

Thankfully no, I would probably get the Renault trained doctor.

>>or is that still the 1930's stuff?

Definitely analogue but post war kit (just). :-)
 The illness thread - Pat
Oi, watch it:)

Pat
 The illness thread - Clk Sec
He may have taken umbrage, Dog. You've got the wrong decade.
>> He may have taken umbrage, Dog. You've got the wrong decade.
>>

Decade?

Surely you mean century? :-)
 The illness thread - Dog
>>He may have taken umbrage, Dog. You've got the wrong decade<<

It was a toss up between the 30's and the 40's CS, and going by my elder brothers, I'll stick with the 30's.

And talking of ancient people, where is devonite these days?
Last edited by: Dog on Mon 31 Dec 12 at 14:13
 The illness thread - Clk Sec
In the Devon?
Latest Forum Posts