Non-motoring > Hangover Cure Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Ambo Replies: 21

Hangover Cure - Ambo
What do posters favour? I recommend Fernet Branc bitters. A single slug will pull a dying man to his feet. The taste is so foul it could put you off over-indulgence for life. Oddly, Italians drink it as an aperitive.
 Hangover Cure - Armel Coussine
Aspirin or paracetamol and Vichy water, or any sparkling but alkaline water. Non-intense, non-greasy food when you can keep it down - scrambled or poached eggs, bread or toast. Repeat as necessary.

Hair of the dog tempting sometimes but not recommended. Throwing good money after bad innit?
 Hangover Cure - -
Don't get blindingly drunk in the first place?
 Hangover Cure - Pezzer
pendant alert: thats prevention rather than cure !
 Hangover Cure - VxFan
>> pendant alert:

St Christopher?
 Hangover Cure - Dog
>>Don't get blindingly drunk in the first place?<<

^ I'm with this geezer.
>> I'm with this geezer.

You are both to be applauded for your wisdom and self-discipline. But may I advise you not to say that to anyone large and irascible who has strayed from your own well-trodden path of virtue and has a hangover? They might not like it.
 Hangover Cure - Dog
I've had hangovers where I wanted to die Sire, truly!
>> I've had hangovers where I wanted to die Sire, truly!

Heh heh... I'm sure you learned the hard way like so many of us Perro.

Thing that bothers me these days is that I never seem to get drunk despite quite a large regular intake, and I haven't had a proper hangover for several years. There's something a wee bit sinister about it.
 Hangover Cure - Dog
>>Thing that bothers me these days is that I never seem to get drunk despite quite a large regular intake<<

That's the reason then Sire - " a large regular intake"

I wouldn't want to be your Live though :)

As the Doc said the other day - we all end up on the slab sooner or later, a young farmer near me snuffed it over Christmas, he was getting on though ... 30.
>> I wouldn't want to be your Live though :)

Still working properly, they told me the other day following a session with the vampire.
 Hangover Cure - madf
Gin is pure and reduces hangovers... to blindness :-)
 Hangover Cure - Clk Sec
I had quite a lot of gin last night, but feel perfectly well today. It's the same with vodka; not even a slight headache when I give it a thrashing.
 Hangover Cure - Zero
A hangover is gods way of saying you should not have stopped drinking.
 Hangover Cure - Fursty Ferret
Don't get them. Dad doesn't either. Genetic thing.

* Though I do get all the other side-effects of being blind drunk, both positive and negative. The only difference is that after falling asleep holding onto the floor to stop the house moving, I wake up right as rain.
Last edited by: Fursty Ferret on Mon 31 Dec 12 at 14:21
 Hangover Cure - Roger.
Being tiddly is anathema to me. I just hate not being in full control of myself.
 Hangover Cure - Ambo
Here's something I got from a Scottish rubber planter. To stop the room swirling sickeningly round overhead, when you lie down on your back after a bad session, put your pillow under the nape of your neck, rather than under your head.
 Hangover Cure - Slidingpillar
It's surprising how much salt you lose if you're drinking pints. Most hangovers for me, I need salt and re-hydrating, and feel like putting nothing more in my tummy.

Settle the stomach, get some salt - an oxo cube in a mug of boiling water. That drunk, one generally feels more like imbibing water, tea, and the Scottish cure - Irn Bru.
 Hangover Cure - sooty123
Loads of water for me with (strangely) a need for chocolate possibly a need for some sugar, or failing that 100% oxygen goes down a treat, while for a while anyway!
 Hangover Cure - Bromptonaut
Liquid and sugar are the keys; hot sweet tea vvg.

Paracetamol OK but given the liver is already under the cosh I might prefer buffered ibuprofen.
 Hangover Cure - Bigtee
Up for work at 5am so no beer before bed. :-(
 Hangover Cure - zookeeper
2 parecetamol and a banana smoothy,( pain relief and a potassium boost)....then a fry up
Latest Forum Posts