Non-motoring > Calm down dear, he is only Dead. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 24

Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Zero
Michael Winner has died.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - No FM2R
Never liked him but, but sadly its one character less.

The world needs more individuals, not less.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Dog
Fat git (Winner, not you!)
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Armel Coussine
From a distance a comic figure not unaware of the fact and indifferent to it. A bit bruising at close quarters perhaps.

'Pulchwitude! Embonpoint!' Those bulging lustful eyes will have a vantage point whatever happens, either for staring down ladies' bodices from above or gazing up at their undies, depending on the verdict when he knocks on heaven's door.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Stuu
Never my cup of tea but his uncompromising style was never dull and Im sure he was interesting to those who knew him.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - bathtub tom
Didn't he do a lot to make sure we never forgot BIBs who died in the course of duty?

One or two here may be able to make valid comments.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - corax
www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-21123532

I had a feeling it have something to do with a penchant for rich dining, but I thought it would be heart disease. Never touch oysters myself after all the reports about the nasty bacteria strains lurking in them. I've had food poisoning myself and it took a year and a half for me to recover from it completely. It can't help trying to fight infection at 77 either.

Spending so much time in restaurants as he did is bound to make you pick up something - they are rife with dodgy food hygiene.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - R.P.
He funded memorial stones for Officers who died in the course of their duty. His films were never my cup of tea - but as others say a character and not a "celebrity" more of a personality...
Just read his obituary - obviously a clever and self made man - brought something to some people's lives - leaves more of a legacy in one way or another than most of us will.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - NortonES2
A sad day. Always enjoyed his ST column. Saw him in the flesh once. He was visiting a Lancashire town, Longridge, and the local businesses, for a series. Sensitive souls were a little worried he might indeed visit their establishment, knowing of his reputation when not pleased. The local butcher, getting good marks at the audition, but forgetting to quit whilst ahead, unwisely pushed his other business, a "pub with food" on MW. MW's article following was quite cutting:) Some were fortunate though. A maker of very good chocolate brownies was praised, and set up a little business as a result of the good publicity.
He might still be alive if he'd been a vegetarian, mind you, I had a veggie burger at the weekend and I could have sworn it had rocking horse DNA in it innit (or it tasted like it did)
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Zero
Cows and horses die. They might have been alive if they had eaten meat.

I do hope we dont get a Winner season of films, death Wish was ok, but it all got a bit much by Death Wish 7
Last edited by: Zero on Mon 21 Jan 13 at 16:16
Dog it probably had Uniquorn in it !
>>Dog it probably had Uniquorn in it !<<

Diddle I see that recently on Twitter or somewhere recently PUR.P :)
More than likely there's so many of these jokes about - someone may have posted here - sincerity is the....etc etc. My nephew who's starting to turn a couple of quid as a stand up asked for Burger related jokes on Twitter and ended up with around 200 of them in the spac eof a day.
I don't Twitter BTW (perish the thought!)
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - henry k
>>More than likely there's so many of these jokes about - someone may have posted here
>>
A few have been reined in
www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265638/Horse-meat-burger-jokes-What-burnt-Tesco-burger-Black-Beauty.html
Dat's where I saw the uniQuorn pun (not that I read the DiM)
Ha Ha - I had to explain it to an expat friend living in France - she didn't understand it.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Focusless
>> Didn't he do a lot to make sure we never forgot BIBs who died in
>> the course of duty?

This is the charity he set up in 1984, after PC Yvonne Fletcher was killed:
www.policememorial.org.uk/
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Armel Coussine
>> A bit bruising at close quarters perhaps.

Apparently not. And the comic persona was revelled in. Not unsympathetic in fact. My first post sold him short I feel.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - VxFan
He finally got his death wish then?

RIP.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Westpig
The more I've become a grumpy old man...the more I quite liked him.

He worked tirelessly for the police memorial set up, as well. Didn't have to be the police connection, just putting himself out for something worthwhile that he believed in.

The coup de gras is the quote about not receiving an OBE because you can get one for cleaning the bogs well at King's Cross. I liked that. My sort of humour.
Last edited by: Westpig on Mon 21 Jan 13 at 21:57
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - -
I'll miss him too, i liked him.

Didn't take himself too seriously either.
 Calm down dear, he is only Dead. - Ted

I quite like the guy as well......four of his Jewish jokes in his DM obit today together with a load of his quotes.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts