Non-motoring > Light Obsessive Dog. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 7

Light Obsessive Dog. - R.P.
The Springer has a mild case - only in the kitchen - tiled floor halogen downlighters - otherwise well adjusted normal little clown...any ideas on a cure ?
 Light Obsessive Dog. - Zero
And what are the symptoms?
He follows light sources and shadows (usually his own) to the point of irritation, otherwise developing reasonably well rounded dog - no aggression at all, not defensive of his bed/kennel. I had it in an old spaniel - but the Working Cocker has none of the symptoms. Both have company the majority of the times and most days have good healthy long distance off lead runs - they are very well exercised.
>> He follows light sources and shadows (usually his own) to the point of irritation,

OK, and how do you express or show this irritation?
Shout at him (I suppose) - I know wrong..
Ok, it could be that he is doing this to get attention from you. Any attention is good attention.

reward this behavior with something badly negative, play with or treat the other dog for example.
Thanks - he's not obsessive in other ways - he likes his toys - but not to the point of guarding them or an overwhelming desire to get at one. Not overly concerned but it would be good to eliminate it.
 Light Obsessive Dog. - Ted

Keep the lights off...saves money as well.

Thank me later.

Ted
Latest Forum Posts